brushing her hair
    while you pretend to be sleeping
    curved by her touches

I remember this old poet
    now when I talk to you
    wondering who is she
    that you write poems about
    “All" human beings "by nature desire to know.” ― Aristotle
    “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

Inexplicably Undiscovered
    next door to the lady in the vinegar bottle
    Blog Entries
    It's good to keep a little mystery in verse, but you could clarify this one with judicious use of punctuation: the obvious question marks and maybe a comma after "wet" to lessen the confusion over "sleeping wet."

Tweak the word order a little bit: "there was a poet who once wrote poems about me."

The premise is a witty one: the actual or real subject of the poem vs. the idealized beloved. Jonathan Swift made fun of such disillusionment in "The Lady's Dressing Room," line 118 (Reader discretion advised.) Full disclosure--I had to look this one up online. I knew it was from Swift,not Ben Jonson, even though both chicks were named was "Celia." Dean Swift had a thing for somebody named Stella as well, but let's just let it pass.

Blog Entries
    TBH I am drawn in by the juxtaposition of toilet in a romantic poem. That is poetry to me.

For those who believe,
    no explanation is necessary.
    For those who do not,
    none will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by AuntShecky View Post
    It's good to keep a little mystery in verse, but you could clarify this one with judicious use of punctuation: the obvious question marks and maybe a comma after "wet" to lessen the confusion over "sleeping wet."

Tweak the word order a little bit: "there was a poet who once wrote poems about me."

The premise is a witty one: the actual or real subject of the poem vs. the idealized beloved. Jonathan Swift made fun of such disillusionment in "The Lady's Dressing Room," line 118 (Reader discretion advised.) Full disclosure--I had to look this one up online. I knew it was from Swift,not Ben Jonson, even though both chicks were named was "Celia." Dean Swift had a thing for somebody named Stella as well, but let's just let it pass.
    Thanks very much. So many informations and advices. Really helpful. Thanks, Aunt.
    “Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Jerrybaldy View Post
    TBH I am drawn in by the juxtaposition of toilet in a romantic poem. That is poetry to me.
    Thank you, Jerry. I thought about the fittingness of this word in a poem tending to sound highly romantic, sublime... but then I concluded that it might be just the right one to express the feeling of jealousy, wickedness towards the rival in this case. I am glad you've noticed. Thanks.