to silence the day
    to just hear you stay.
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

Blog Entries
    The "tickle" part was nice. I hadn't thought of the novelty that making an impression brings like that before. Also, the "silence the day" and "hear you stay" at the end seemed unusual and right.

I think your idea for the poem is good, but I think the presentation and form is severely lacking, clunky, and lifeless.

None of the words sound good together. Literally is used the wrong way for no good reason. I don't like the use of second person. Make it about the narrator, zoom it in, bring to life a scene that embodies that heightened feeling of closeness and longing that you are vaguely hinting to us. Do I know what type of emotions this poem is about? Yes. I have a brain, I can understand this generalized feeling. But you didn't make me feel it. Just zoom it in and get inside the narrator's head. Do more than roughly explain a feeling to a random "you" person.

I'd suggest listening to "Stay" by the master, David Bowie. It's about the same thing as this poem, same title even, but it's about fire not explanation.
    Last edited by Bewlay Brother; 11-15-2013 at 06:21 PM.

Should have known someone with the username Bewlay Brother was going to bring up db!
    I laughed at you comment because it reminds me a lot of what I WANT to say and I really respect you for saying it!
    *runs into wall*

Quote Originally Posted by YesNo View Post
    The "tickle" part was nice. I hadn't thought of the novelty that making an impression brings like that before. Also, the "silence the day" and "hear you stay" at the end seemed unusual and right.
    YesNo thank you.
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

Quote Originally Posted by Bewlay Brother View Post
    I think your idea for the poem is good, but I think the presentation and form is severely lacking, clunky, and lifeless.

None of the words sound good together. Literally is used the wrong way for no good reason. I don't like the use of second person. Make it about the narrator, zoom it in, bring to life a scene that embodies that heightened feeling of closeness and longing that you are vaguely hinting to us. Do I know what type of emotions this poem is about? Yes. I have a brain, I can understand this generalized feeling. But you didn't make me feel it. Just zoom it in and get inside the narrator's head. Do more than roughly explain a feeling to a random "you" person.

I'd suggest listening to "Stay" by the master, David Bowie. It's about the same thing as this poem, same title even, but it's about fire not explanation.
    thank you Bewlay for reading and commenting.
    I am happy with it although you may disagree that it is clunky.
    this is a just a generalisation a typical impression. it is up to the reader to put it into context. sometimes less is more you would remember better I think.
    of course impression here positive not negative.
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly