--and I mean really, really, egregiously horrible, not "bad" in the sense of "good" in the hip hop world a couple of decades ago--you're not alone, Bro.

So many trees have perished, so much bandwidth has been squandered and for what? Apparently in recent years, the state of prose writing in Western civilization has reached such a low ebb that a famous competition encourages writers to submit deliberately "bad" writing, similar to Bulwer-Lytton's famous --and universally disdained opening line: "It was a dark and stormy night."

Check out the "winners" of the Bulwer-Lytton Bad Fiction Contest for 2013 I guarantee you'll get more than a few laughs.

The winner of the Grand Prize tops the webpage, but scroll all the way down to the end. There are chuckles in every category: bad detective stories, SF, fantasy, romance et al. It's hard to pick a personal favorite, but I really liked the one about character descriptions in the "miscellaneous" category.

In your opinion, which entry is the funniest? All of them take "bad" to a whole new level. Come to think of it, these contestants are pretty witty, so in a way "bad" really is "good!"

http://www.bulwer-lytton.com/2013win.html