Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emily Elizabeth Dickinson

Emily Elizabeth Dickinson

Hey ppl! Wut Up? NMH. I am doin a biography of 1 of the GREATEST poets to ever write! Ms. Emily Elizabeth Dickinson! If u no ne thing about her life, would u ppl b so kewl as 2 help me? PLZ??!! I REALLY NEED SUM HELP!! THANKZ!

ahem....couldn't you just write in REAL english please???
    dead on the inside, i've got nothing to prove
    keep me alive and give me something to lose

stop being a prune koa. you know exactly what was said.
    Stupidity is Bliss...

i didn't say i didnt' understand, i-politely- asked this person to write in correct language. yeah it's a weakness of mine, i prefer things to be written in correct english, that slang language makes me think of illiterate kids (note i said 'makes me think', there probably aren't any uneducated kids around here).

Don't mean to be mean, Koa, but if you like correct language, why don't you use correctly capitalization? Just curious.
    I have a plan: attack!

Right...well, because i'm lazy, and because of lack of coordination: often when my laziness allows me to write the capitals where they're needed, my fingers don't have the correct timing, so the capital doesn't come out cos i don't press shift+the letter at the same time... and i hate to go back and correct everything, it takes me a lot of time cos my typing is awful in any case and i'da have to correct practically every word -plus: i don't like to write the pronoun I in capital, maybe cos i use it too much and as i said i'm too lazy to do it everytime :P

Sorry!

Sorry about not writting in correct English!! :oops: I didn't think it would cause that much of a dispute between people reading my topic! I am very well educated, it's just laziness on my part. So, my apoligies!

nah it's just me... i'm very strict sometimes...
    i've seen many useless ignorant kids writing in that way, so when i see it, it gives me a very uncomfortable feeling...i bet none of those has ever heard of emily dickinson...
    and...since we're talking about literature, why not use a different language then when we write sms?
    as for the laziness, i fully understand as i said... but english looks so good when it's kinda correct... (it probably makes less difference to you as i suppose it's your native language and you dint mind abbreviating it, but it has such an awful effect on me... though i guess it's really just me...)

thats okay!

that's fully acceptable! I totally understand where your coming from because my mother gets on to me all the time! From now on when I visit this site, I will try to make sure that I post my comments in correctly formatted English! By the way.. this site is really informative!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

I do not understand people who post messages such as "Please help me to find ANYTHING about this book or this author!!"

In this age of information can't you find what you need yourself? It's so easy!! If you are too lazy to go to a library and take down "Encyclopaedia Britannica" or whatever suits your subject better, go to google.com and type your search words. I just found almost a thousand returns for "Emily Elizabeth Dickinson". Is that not enough for you, american_bad_angel1407?

Sheesh.. why do people have to be so rude? Just because it's a forum on a literature site doesn't mean we need strict use of the language. The first post.. hm ok it made me a little dizzy, but so what? No need to tell people how to communicate. And Arteum or whatever your name is.. some people like to work on a more personal basis, relate to a human being.

..just my random and bitter thoughts. I'm usually less critical, my apologies.
    The angels, happening that way,
    This dusty heart espied;
    Tenderly took it up from toil
    And carried it to God.

Geez!

What's eating your cheerios Arteum? I was just really desperate to find information on Emily Dickinson and thought that maybe someone around here would know about a website that I didn't. Yeah, I am a little lazy, but that doesn't give you the right to tell me that I am. I agree, people do rely on the internet way too much; it doesn't harm anyone though. What are you going to do when Britanica quits putting their encylopidias in print, and the rest all become so obsolete that no one can get accurate and up to date information? Are you going to be too afraid to ask someone else for help? Huh? I don't mean to be rude but I hate it when I muster up the courage to admitt that I need help and all I get back is someone in my face telling me that I'm lazy!.. :evil: ..I really apolize to whomever I may offend with my opinons, but aren't I also entitled to say what I feel? And thank you kadamba...I appreciate your kindness in sticking up for me. I feel the same way that you do.
    A_B_A
    Life is horrible...then you die!

If the 'age of information' equates to the age of undermining relationships with other living beings, count me out. It's great that so much information is readily available. We can get the facts and figures online or from the refference books. But sometimes we need to relate to a living entity who can hear and understand through the subtle senses. Ever try to explain your situation to Google? I have. I narrowed down the search criteria to every detail and still no understanding.

Sorry, my friend, I haven't any information that you're looking for. I must say though.. it's a great idea to ask if anyone does, because if someone happens to pass through here that has some personal experiences that they can share it will be well worth stepping out onto this limb and running the risk of people cutting you down. My use of the language is flawed irreparably and I have nothing of value to say, but I offer a litle support to my fellow seafarer on this crazy journey that we're all on.
    The angels, happening that way,
    This dusty heart espied;
    Tenderly took it up from toil
    And carried it to God.

I'm sorry that I don't have any info to share either, I just wanted to back up A_B_A. Arteum, you should never put anyone down for asking a question. That just leads to more stupidity in this world because it makes the 'askers' afraid to ask anymore. I've found that on the internet if you conduct a search you can get a thousand responses, but all you need is an answer. So maybe an actual person knows of one or two great sites or resources that give good info. Therefore, to all the 'askers' out there, ask away!!!
    Hwæt! We Gar-Dena in geardagum,/Þeodcuninga þrum gefrunon,/hu ða æþelingas ellen fremedon!
    Oft Scyld Scefing sceaþena þreatum,/ monegum mægþum, meodosetla ofteah,/ egsode eorlas, syððan ærest wearð/ feasceaft funden; he þæs frofre gebad,/ weox under wolcnum, weorðmyndum þah,/ oðþæt him æghwylc þara ymbsittendra/ofer hronrade hyran scolde,/gomban gyldan. Þæt wæs god cyning!

thanz!

thank you shea and kadamba! I appreciate those who've backed me up. Thanks!
    love,
    A_B_A
    Life is horrible...then you die!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast