Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Breaking Bad

Quote Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
    Well, quite... Both things are wonderful, but so different in nature and intent as to make a comparison rather ridiculous.

I've recently got my supervisor into Breaking Bad, and he's hooked. Another convert!
    One of my oldest friends is yet to watch it and he is a massive TV and film fan. Disappointing. I keep on insisting he watch it but he is far too laid back about it in a 'I'll get around to it sometime' sort of attitude... Someone else I know started watching it and I said that she would be addicted to it. She smiled and nodded etc, but then proceeded to have to watch at least three episodes a day. Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Emil Miller View Post
    Fine red wine and San Miguel? These should not be mentioned in the same breath except when using one as the antonym of the other. I'm having the place decorated and have just found some bottles of wine that have been stored in a cupboard for years , including a 1989 Margaux, a 1969 Mouton Cadet and a 1979 Pauillac; all of which are now undrinkable and must be poured away but I can't bring myself to do it. If only it had been San Miguel.

P.S. Entirely in agreement with the Italian Riviera though.
    Ha, ha, sorry I don't know, maybe you are correct in the long run I don't know, but I can't stop drinking San Miguel at the moment and I must get my daily supply of 4 for 5 pints (at least! Sometimes double, well I am on 6 weeks holiday....). Well the Italian Riviera is the ideal but this year I could only afford the English Riviera which was good enough anyway (as they had plenty of San Miguel around the harbour!!!). Sorry about the fine wines being thrown away, that's just a crime that shouldn't have to happen, but in terms of the SM I am finding it a very nice continental larger along with fellow associates like Staropramen (Czech) and Sagres (portuguese) especially when playing tennis and in need of a cold drink etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
    I'd rather have sex than eat chocolate.
    I think this is primarily a masculine attitude as I'm pretty sure that many women would prefer the chocolate.
    However, I'm reminded of Lord Chesterfield's view of sexual intercourse when he famously said that the pleasure was momentary, the position ridiculous and the expense damnable.

Quote Originally Posted by Neely View Post
    Ha, ha, sorry I don't know, maybe you are correct in the long run I don't know, but I can't stop drinking San Miguel at the moment and I must get my daily supply of 4 for 5 pints (at least! Sometimes double, well I am on 6 weeks holiday....). Well the Italian Riviera is the ideal but this year I could only afford the English Riviera which was good enough anyway (as they had plenty of San Miguel around the harbour!!!). Sorry about the fine wines being thrown away, that's just a crime that shouldn't have to happen, but in terms of the SM I am finding it a very nice continental larger along with fellow associates like Staropramen (Czech) and Sagres (portuguese) especially when playing tennis and in need of a cold drink etc.

My sincerest apologies Neely, I was confusing San Miguel lager with a Chilean wine appropriately called Casillero del Diablo ( The Devil's Cellar) which is awful stuff and is seen in large quantity in supermarkets. I agree that most lagers are welcome in warm weather and San Miguel is no exception. I'm still drinking Leffe when I can get it but not, I hasten to add, four or five pints as more than two and I begin to levitate.
    "L'art de la statistique est de tirer des conclusions erronèes a partir de chiffres exacts." Napoléon Bonaparte.

"Je crois que beaucoup de gens sont dans cet état d’esprit: au fond, ils ne sentent pas concernés par l’Histoire. Mais pourtant, de temps à autre, l’Histoire pose sa main sur eux." Michel Houellebecq.

Quote Originally Posted by Emil Miller View Post
    My sincerest apologies Neely, I was confusing San Miguel lager with a Chilean wine appropriately called Casillero del Diablo ( The Devil's Cellar) which is awful stuff and is seen in large quantity in supermarkets. I agree that most lagers are welcome in warm weather and San Miguel is no exception. I'm still drinking Leffe when I can get it but not, I hasten to add, four or five pints as more than two and I begin to levitate.
    Oh right, ha, ha, no problem, no I meant the lager. Yes well Leffe is pretty strong stuff and I wouldn't drink gulp that down either, it's more of a sipping drink like most of the other Belgians, but the continental lagers are not as strong.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345