Thread: Hamlet

erica

Hamlet

This was the most brilliant piece of work I've ever read. It's been 3 years since I read Hamlet in AP English, but I still think about it! I think the reading is enhanced 100 times over if you watch the movie "Hamlet," starring Kenneth Branagh, along with your reading. If you read some of the play, then watch some of the movie, then read, then watch & so on... it really brings the characters and story to life. The movie leaves no lines of the play out, so it presents the work as long as it would be done if it was being performed as a play on stage. And the acting is amazing!! So just as a word of advice... if you're having trouble understanding or enjoying Hamlet, watch this movie in between readings! It really, REALLY helps.

The guy who looks like Lt. Dangle from Reno 911? And is also in Much Ado About Nothing? If so, then definately. His portrayal of insanity is flawless and hilarious. He has become my Hero.

life is but a dream
    I read Hamlet. I love literature, but I didn't love Hamlet. I personally liked A Midsummer Night's Dream much more. Perhaps I should reread it, because it seemed bland to me. Hehe, I am an undertaster.
    I only wanted to live in accord with the promptings that came from my true self. Why was that so very difficult?