Thread: The New Nihilits

Blog Entries

The New Nihilits

As long as civilization has existed there have been its enemies—people who want to destroy it;
    people who exult in destruction for its own sake. They have no plan for the future, no hope of building a better world from the ashes of the one they destroyed. These people have no regard for human life, for civilization—albeit with its evils but also with its glories. The nihilists thirst for destruction; they hunger for misery. They have no compassion, no positive feelings whatsoever. These are the nihilists.

In our time we have seen the rise of a new generation of nihilists. Unlike the terrorists, who usually have a agenda—including among other things the destruction of western civilization, the nihilists are like their brethren of old: they want to destroy worldwide civilization; they exult in destruction for its own sake.

There is no reason in the nihilists' destruction, no rationale; they cannot be reached by using logic, reason or rationality, for the nihilists are beyond reason. They are the forces of irrationality which have become unleashed as we approach the latter days of civilization. The nihilists are determined to push that time forward when civilization collapses and total anarchy over all the world rules. They have infiltrated all levels of society and culture, from government to education to the military to the churches.

Be prepared, for the nihilists will only increase in their number and their incidents of destruction for its own sake. I believe with all my heart that we are approaching Armageddon, when most of the armies of the world will be engaged in battle in the middle east. Are you ready? The nihilists will continue their wanton acts of destruction until the climax when they will be defeated by the Lord of Lords. Be prepared for the final day...
    Last edited by Jassy Melson; 06-26-2013 at 02:15 PM.
    Dostoevsky gives me more than any scientist.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Jassy Melson View Post
    As long as civilization has existed there have been its enemies—people who want to destroy it;
    people who exult in destruction for its own sake. They have no plan for the future, no hope of building a better world from the ashes of the one they destroyed. These people have no regard for human life, for civilization—albeit with its evils but also with its glories. The nihilists thirst for destruction; they hunger for misery. They have no compassion, no positive feelings whatsoever. These are the nihilists.

In our time we have seen the rise of a new generation of nihilists. Unlike the terrorists, who usually have a agenda—including among other things the destruction of western civilization, the nihilists are like their brethren of old: they want to destroy worldwide civilization; they exult in destruction for its own sake.

There is no reason in the nihilists' destruction, no rationale; they cannot be reached by using logic, reason or rationality, for the nihilists are beyond reason. They are the forces of irrationality which have become unleashed as we approach the latter days of civilization. The nihilists are determined to push that time forward when civilization collapses and total anarchy over all the world rules. They have infiltrated all levels of society and culture, from government to education to the military to the churches.

Be prepared, for the nihilists will only increase in their number and their incidents of destruction for its own sake. I believe with all my heart that we are approaching Armageddon, when most of the armies of the world will be engaged in battle in the middle east. Are you ready? The nihilists will continue their wanton acts of destruction until the climax when they will be defeated by the Lord of Lords. Be prepared for the final day...
    There will be no WW3.
    There are two kinds of nihilists. The ones you mention are there. But there are others who destroy false values and thus contribute to progress and truthfulness. The others that you mention no longer count. They are a thing of the biblical past and totally obsolete where the action is. They are finished together with the Roman Catholics. We just gave them a retirement home at Castel Gandolfo. Now we need to expand Castel Gandolfo as a retirement home for the cardinalia. No more poisoned tea for popes that reach old age. They are finished together with the 1st Reich of Charlemagne, the 2nd Reich of Bismark, and the 3rd Reich of Adolf.

Blog Entries
    I'm intrigued by your post, but I haven't the slightest clue precisely who you are talking about. The only group I can think of which fits your description are the evangelical fundamentalists who long for judgement day.
    “To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it.”

- Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy88 View Post
    I'm intrigued by your post, but I haven't the slightest clue precisely who you are talking about. The only group I can think of which fits your description are the evangelical fundamentalists who long for judgement day.
    But if that's fundamentally true, as you say, they have no foundation in fundamentals.

Blog Entries
    I don't think you know what a nihilist is, Jassy. A person with a cause can't be a nihilist. I'm a nihilist. I don't believe in anything. It doesn't make me want to destroy anything. Why would I care about destroying things that don't mean anything to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Varenne Rodin View Post
    I don't think you know what a nihilist is, Jassy. A person with a cause can't be a nihilist. I'm a nihilist. I don't believe in anything. It doesn't make me want to destroy anything. Why would I care about destroying things that don't mean anything to me?
    But Varenne, that position cannot be genuinely held. For one thing, you, like anyone else, must sense the mystery of life. Of course you can't prove it. So there is no way out of believing it.
    But there is a lot more to this based on circumstances. Let's say you have a roommate who has a friend that often visits. Let's say that you and the friend arrive together, you coming back from work. The friend asks if your roommate is there. You look at your watch and see that your roommate should be there as usual, after work. But you don't know. You cannot say that the roommate is there. You must say that you don't know. But you expect it to be the case. You cannot live without a minimum of belief. It is untenable. The nihilist you claim to be doesn't exist. This is just one example among many many more.

Blog Entries
    I know what a nihilist is, varenne, but you don't. There is one kind of nihilist, the one who glories in destruction for its own sake. A person who destroys false values is not a nihilist. All nihilists are also anti-religious.
    Last edited by Jassy Melson; 06-27-2013 at 08:49 AM.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. - Albert Einstein

From Merriam-Webster:

Definition of NIHILISM
    1a : a viewpoint that traditional values and beliefs are unfounded and that existence is senseless and useless
    b : a doctrine that denies any objective ground of truth and especially of moral truths

2a : a doctrine or belief that conditions in the social organization are so bad as to make destruction desirable for its own sake independent of any constructive program or possibility
    b capitalized : the program of a 19th century Russian party advocating revolutionary reform and using terrorism and assassination

Looks like you're both right.
    You must be the change you wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Gandhi

I know what a nihilist is, varenne, but you don't. There is one kind of nihilist, the one who glories in destruction for its own sake. A person who destroys false values is not a nihilist. All nihilists are also anti-religious.
    Ridiculous. Tell that to Martin Luther fighting against the sale of indulgencies of pope Leo.

Blog Entries
    So you lose the argument when you revert to such terms as "ridiculous." You need to think before you post.

So you lose the argument when you revert to such terms as "ridiculous." You need to think before you post.
    Absolutely ridiculous, young person.
    All necessary thought has been done about this.

Blog Entries
    I'm older than you; I'm not a young person. You have reverted to insult and ridicule, so I see no need to continue this discussion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Calidore View Post
    From Merriam-Webster:

Definition of NIHILISM
    1a : a viewpoint that traditional values and beliefs are unfounded and that existence is senseless and useless
    b : a doctrine that denies any objective ground of truth and especially of moral truths

2a : a doctrine or belief that conditions in the social organization are so bad as to make destruction desirable for its own sake independent of any constructive program or possibility
    b capitalized : the program of a 19th century Russian party advocating revolutionary reform and using terrorism and assassination

Looks like you're both right.
    I'm giving a very late reply here, but thank you.