Thread: Light of God is reflected through Prophets and transmitted to far through Khilafat.

Blog Entries

Light of God is reflected through Prophets and transmitted to far through Khilafat.

Peace be on you. The light or flame or bulb, the glass around, and the reflector; this system transmits light far away. In spiritual sense, God is the basic Light – The beloved Light. When Prophets are sent, their practice on Divine teachings makes this Light more visible to the world.

To make this Light stay and to sent it at far distances, there is Khilafat i.e. Successorship to Prophethood. Holy Quran mentions this whole phenomenon as:

“Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The similitude of His Light is as a lustrousniche, wherein is a lamp. The lamp is in a glass. The glass is as it were a glittering star. The glass is as it were a glittering star……………….” (from Ch 24: V36)

Khilafat is a bounty and is conditional with faith and good deeds, as mentioned in Holy Quran (24:56).

It was prophesied by Holy Prophet (s.a.w.) that it would be established in initial part of Islam and then in Latter days. (Gist)....
    Last edited by YALASH; 06-06-2013 at 02:37 PM.

Hi, Roto-Rooter. Still trying to clean the sewer?

Quote Originally Posted by YALASH View Post
    ...the light or flame or bulb...this system transmits light far away...Khilafat i.e. Successorship to Prophethood...conditional...good deeds, as mentioned in Holy Quran
    Why so sadly complicated? Where is the Love? It's all about Love. The light of God doesn't come from a "transmitted far-away light bulb" but rather from reading God's Word (in the bible) and finding your own truth in it. Ask God to reveal His truth (aka light) to you. The light is a gift to all who, by simple faith, believe in Him. Just believe....done. He says, "just ask and you shall receive". Then He'll fill you up with his love. Oh, and then the joy and peace will light you up like a Christmas tree!

Then He will gift you with fruits of love, peace, patience, joy, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self-control. You don't have to do "good works" to earn it. But rather, the good works will be a natural result of the love you now have. Peace be with you
    Last edited by Melanie; 06-07-2013 at 10:31 AM.
    Live in the sunshine. Swim in the sea. Drink the wild air ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries
    I'll bet you £10 that my torch transmits more light than your God.

closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Why so sadly complicated? Where is the Love? It's all about Love. The light of God doesn't come from a "transmitted far-away light bulb" but rather from reading God's Word (in the bible) and finding your own truth in it. Ask God to reveal His truth (aka light) to you. The light is a gift to all who, by simple faith, believe in Him. Just believe....done. He says, "just ask and you shall receive". Then He'll fill you up with his love. Oh, and then the joy and peace will light you up like a Christmas tree!

Then He will gift you with fruits of love, peace, patience, joy, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self-control. You don't have to do "good works" to earn it. But rather, the good works will be a natural result of the love you now have. Peace be with you
    Well Spoken. Good one.

Your God? I do not think God is any one`s personal entity.

Blog Entries

Peace be on you.
    1- Please read again, a SIMILITUDE has been mentioned.

" Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The similitude of His Light is as......"

Bible too, mentions many metaphors.

2- Allah is very near: (Allah is One, the word 'We' is used as Majesty in some verses in Quran)
    " And assuredly, We have created man and We know what his (physical) self wispers (to him), and We are nearer to him than (even his) jugular vein.
    [Quran Chapter 50: Verse 17] Ref: alislam.org/quran

3-
    Ask God to reveal His truth (aka light) to you. The light is a gift to all who, by simple faith, believe in Him.
    Agreed.

But as your heart will testify, before one goes to the threshold of God, one has to do some preparation, some cleansing of the heart, some good work with avoiding bads which basic human nature tells (i.e. something called universal ethics, common in all humanity). That is why Holy Quran says:

"This is a perfect Book; there is no doubt in it; (it is ) a guidance for the Muttaqeen" (Muttaqeen is plural of Muttaqee, which means the one who save oneself, walks carefully, do good and avoid bad). [Ref: Quran, Chapter 2, Verse 3]

"Those who believe and do good deeds --the Gracious God will craete love in their hearts." [Ref: Quran, ch19:V97]...The word used is 'wud' which is much stronger than word 'love'.

4- Imporatnce of good deeds in Bible:
    Faith without Good Deeds Is Dead

What good is it, dear brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but don’t show it by your actions? Can that kind of faith save anyone?

Suppose you see a brother or sister who has no food or clothing,

and you say, “Good-bye and have a good day; stay warm and eat well”— but then you don’t give that person any food or clothing. What good does that do?

So you see, faith by itself isn’t enough. Unless it produces good deeds, it is dead and useless.
    [Ref: Bible, James 2:14-17] ... biblegatewayDOTcom

5- Khilafat / Successorship is not something new. Others Prophets e.g, Prophet Moses (peace be on him) had them. Prophet Jesus (peace be on him) was also a Khalifah of Prophet Moses, as he came in Jews after 1400 years, for reformation. [According to Ahmadiyya understanding, God saved Jesus, as Pilate knew he was truthful, he was given special treatment in terms of timing of cross, then he was taken for medicine/ointment. After health, he migrated to seek 'lost sheep'. He showed his wounds to disciples on his way, who were afraid he was ghost. He migrated through route of Iran, Afghanistan to Kashmir where he died at 120 years of age, peacefully, with brilliant success in his mission to convey "Unity of God and Human rights" --- the sole message of all Prophets.[Ref: 'Jesus in India' -- Proofs from medicine, history, Bible, Quran... alislamDOTorg]

6-
    ..... The prospect of a Muslim "pope" spearheading a spiritual revolution is not a fantastical notion. Indeed, Islam contemplates the need for a pope-like figure, a Khalifa of Islam, to reinvigorate the original message that Muhammad brought. Many millions of Muslims still await such a Khalifa.......
    Source:http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/m...ticle-1.365043

7- Khilafat is a conditional way of God to transmit His message to the ends of the earth, its bounties are mentioned in here:

"Allah has promised to those among you who believe and do good works that He will surely make them Successors in the earth, as He made Successors (from among) those who were before them; and that He will surely establish for them their religion which He has chosen for the; and that He will surely give them in exchange security (and peace) after their fear: They will worship Me, (and) they will not associate anything with Me. Then whoso is ungrateful after that, they will be rebellious.

And observe Prayer and give the Zakaat, and obey the Messenger, that you may be shown mercy."

[Holy Quran, Surah Al-Nur, Chapter 24, Verses 56-57]

It is a live religious fact, not preaching or advertising, that Uniquely, Ahmadiyya Khilafat is serving now since 1908, in 202 countries, ignoring persecutionS, no political aims, striving for international peace, negation of use of force, establishment of absolute justice, regardless of race, religion and area, with policy of separation of state and religion.

Good wishes to all.

1. "Similitude" in the english language doesn't mean "Love", it means similarity, likeness, resemblance.

3. You say that you must do good deeds first and then God will put love in your heart. How is it possible to do good when you have no love? It's not.

4. The verse you quoted in James 2:14-17 verifies my statement in post #3. As I said, "Good deeds are a result of your faith...not the other way around. If you show no good deeds then it shows that your faith was never sincere in the first place. You don't have to do "good works" to earn anything...but rather, the good works will be a natural result of the love and faith we have already professed if we were sincere. That only makes sense.

I'm not interested in pushing my beliefs on you or winning any arguments. I've mentioned only what makes sense. *handshake*
    Live in the sunshine. Swim in the sea. Drink the wild air ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries
    .................................................. .......................
    I'm not interested in pushing my beliefs on you or winning any arguments. I've mentioned only what makes sense. *handshake*
    Peace be on you..I'm not interested in pushing my beliefs on you or winning any arguments. I've mentioned only what makes sense..Warm welcome.