Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Children obesity, A concern for parents

Quote Originally Posted by Delta40 View Post
    Emil I hope you said 'Good oh' to them as they thundered past...
    Well I would have had to say it constantly, given the number joggers, but I do admire those who have decided to fight back against the unsightly accumulation of fat that is such a feature of modern day living.
    "L'art de la statistique est de tirer des conclusions erronèes a partir de chiffres exacts." Napoléon Bonaparte.

"Je crois que beaucoup de gens sont dans cet état d’esprit: au fond, ils ne sentent pas concernés par l’Histoire. Mais pourtant, de temps à autre, l’Histoire pose sa main sur eux." Michel Houellebecq.

Quote Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
    Yes, there should have been a link, as the answer was in the article:

Only the wrong kind of pork in that, sorry.

Link: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...fessor-1895290
    I would have given a link but Cafolini is on my ignore list and I didn't see his post. In any event, I would always take the word of a qualified practitioner rather than an Internet troll.
    "L'art de la statistique est de tirer des conclusions erronèes a partir de chiffres exacts." Napoléon Bonaparte.

"Je crois que beaucoup de gens sont dans cet état d’esprit: au fond, ils ne sentent pas concernés par l’Histoire. Mais pourtant, de temps à autre, l’Histoire pose sa main sur eux." Michel Houellebecq.

Interesting new study on the very subject: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...ef=mostpopular
    Go to work, get married, have some kids, pay your taxes, pay your bills, watch your tv, follow fashion, act normal, obey the law and repeat after me: "I am free."

Anon

Here's another with a couple of salient extracts:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/di...-disaster.html

This week I went to the cinema in Washington DC. The theatre, part of the AMC chain, was selling popcorn and soda “combos” that the counter guy said made financial sense. He handed over a bag of popcorn big enough for an entire children’s party and a 54oz (1.5 litre) bucket of Coke. The Coke was too heavy to carry with one hand – almost the equivalent of five 330ml regular-sized cans.

The “exercise personal choice” and “let the food industry self-regulate” line of thinking demonstrably hasn’t worked. It has taken us to the point where, in less than 20 years, half of all Americans will be obese. And Britain is not as far behind the US as you might think – 25 per cent of women and 24 per cent of men are already in that category.

Blog Entries
    Did you finish the popcorn? The megabuckets here are ridiculously huge.
    Before sunlight can shine through a window, the blinds must be raised - American Proverb

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234