Thread: Silvia wants a White Wedding

Blog Entries

Silvia wants a White Wedding

Silvia wants a White Wedding
    by
    Steven Hunley

On my third Heineken at Reynaldo’s place. Getting uninhibited, feeling frisky.

Stale cigarette smoke, black leather padded booths, dim light, bad business lately, for the girls that sit like nervous students against the wall on a bench. They are students, students of the school of hard knocks, and take payment for wicked acts, extra if there are no intermissions.

Silvia sits apart from the rest. Assured, calm, collected within herself.

While the others wait nervously to be chosen, Silvia isn’t cut of the same cloth. Those girls are common sackcloth, while Silvia is silk. While they are pretenders, she is rare earth, a unique element. But I don't know this. I know nothing, nothing, for I am Shultz ven it comes to women.

While the vast majority of customers simply walk in, pay Reynaldo, and point, not so with Silvia’s patrons, they are patrons of the arts. They stroll in with great deliberation, ask politely, crave introductions, and produce business cards with an executive's flourish. They have manners, are men of distinction, smell of old money.

One one end of the bench sits Lupe. She’s says she’s from the Iberian Peninsula. She has more obvious fire, they call her the opal. But Silvia has more success. Magdalena, who sits next to Lupe, is better looking. She posed nude for magazine covers in Cartagena and dated a cartel baron. Still, Silvia gets the business. Francesca, who sells dirty 3D pictures of herself in living color, can twist and contort her herself with great skill, they call her the talented acrobat. Never the less, it is Silvia, and no other, who garners monumental reputation.

“Why is this, Reynaldo,” I asked the barkeep. “Why does Silvia gets all the business? Certainly it isn’t her beauty. Many of the girls are younger, more vital, more chic. I must know, so tell me, what secret does Silvia possess?”

Reynaldo folded his towel, began to twist his liquorish-colored moustache, and grew thoughtful.

“For Silvia, each time is new, each time, she is a virgin. For the men, it’s a rare experience, a precious thing. She makes them feel it’s their wedding night, a white wedding, and nothing less."

Certainly there is nothing pure in this world, it is a dirty business. It gets under your nails if you stick around long enough.

©Steven Hunley 2013

Thank you, Billy for the inspiration.

http://youtu.be/vFOBMUY1k1U White Wedding Acoustic
    Last edited by Steven Hunley; 04-27-2013 at 02:27 AM.

Your 'story-conversations' are increasingly poignant, Mr. Steven Hunley. A snack sized serving, just right.

J

Clinging to Douvres rocks Gilliatt Gurgle's Avatar
    Ha! I like the Schultz reference.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34ag4nkSh7Q
    Enjoyed.
    "Mongo only pawn in game of life" - Mongo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKRma7PDW10

Blog Entries
    Hi Steven,

Yes, this little tale is very well penned. It's a neat, satisfying little package. I'm afraid the Shultz reference went right over my head, though GG's link helped some. About 30 years ago in the UK we had a series about a character called Private Schulz, featuring the late, great Michael Elphick in the title role, with the equally lamented Ian Richardson as his boss (among other parts).

This Schulz was a petty criminal who persuaded the SS/Gestapo to forge thousands of British £5 notes (so he could steal them) but ended up being blackmailed into becoming a German agent then being parachuted into Britain. It was very funny.

Anyway, I enjoyed this piece.

Live and be well - H

Blog Entries
    Miss seeing your name here, Hawkman. Always paid attention to your suggestions and revised if necessary.