Thread: Doo Nidists' Ad Da

Blog Entries

Doo Nidists' Ad Da

I was there when Dee-O-Deet led the blind stag into camp by its lip.
    I saw this miracle, but I did not understand.
    Now I have seen the human beings led to slaughter by the lip.
    I am beginning to understand those who would warm their hands in the holocaust.
    "Remember, we are all in this alone." - Lilly Tomlin

Blog Entries
    A good poem hack, and something to think about. Whist, perversely, I understand the title, I'm a little bewildered by Dee-o-Deet, which you appear to have used as a name. I'm just curious as to what language and culture it belongs.

Live and be well - H

Blog Entries
    Dee-O-Deet was a holy man of the last free Chiricahua. It was reported by more than one informant that, in in his elder years, Dee-O-Deet entered his encampment in northern Mexico leading a blind and deaf stag by the lip. By some accounts he came across the aged animal as it stood in tandem with a doe, grasping the tail of the female in its teeth. The shaman approached the pair and cut the tail from the doe. While holding the tail, still in the grasp of the stag, Dee-O-Deet led the animal some distance into the presence of his astonished camp.

Blog Entries
    Many thanks for the exposition, hack. It truly enriches the piece for me. By refining my search I was able to find out some more, and learned, that according to one French website, Dee-o-Deet was the son of Cochise. I really enjoy reading your work.

Live long and prosper - H

Blog Entries
    In fact Dee-O-Deet was not a son of Cochise, rather he was his contemporary and likely unrelated. He was an advisor and confidant of Cochise's grandson Ciye, also known as Nino Cochise.

Blog Entries
    Well one should never believe anything one reads on unverifiable websites, especially French ones lol. Thanks for the clarification and further info.

Live and be well - H