Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Texas BFCon 2013 (your feets too big)

Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilliatt Gurgle View Post
    Well, Y/N it's been a little over a year since we last navigated the murky topic of Nessie. Good news, it appears she has been found, though not in a condition we would have preferred...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/136631...-all-it-seems/
    Well, thank God the intestines are intact. Lack of scat for this one has been a real credibility problem.
    Last edited by Pompey Bum; 07-01-2016 at 07:48 PM.

Clinging to Douvres rocks Gilliatt Gurgle's Avatar
    hahaha! I like the new look!

Yeah, I was scratching my head over the intact intestines, then it hit me; Scotland...haggis, ain't no American Wood Ape gonna touch that stuff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haggis
    "Mongo only pawn in game of life" - Mongo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKRma7PDW10

Closed
    Aye, haggis and I think I see some liver. Find a bottle of Glenlivet and we could have a pretty good night in Inverness. Find two bottles and we'll probably see Bigfoot (in a kilt!)

Clinging to Douvres rocks Gilliatt Gurgle's Avatar
    Or a "Dram of Drambuie" my grandmother's drink of choice and she was from the Czech side!
    Somewhere on the forums I posted a recipe for a cheap substitute; 2 cups of Night Train and 1 cup honey.
    btw the Chupacabra would have made mincemeat pie out of those entrails.
    "Mongo only pawn in game of life" - Mongo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKRma7PDW10

Closed
    Well it's nice that someone covered the ribs with BBQ sauce in any case. I'm getting hungry just looking at it.
    Last edited by Pompey Bum; 07-01-2016 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pompey Bum View Post
    Well it's nice that someone covered the ribs with BBQ sauce in any case. I'm getting hungry just looking at it.
    I'm glad you noticed that, PB, Nessie comes with her ribs conveniently pre-sauced. Although, come to think of it, as a Scot I suppose she would be sauced. Now, as to who done manufacture this here remains of Nessie, I think the Scottish tourist board is a safe bet, what with that old black & white photo having yielded all the tourist and kook investigator money it's ever going to. Today's dumb-arse needs something far more multimedia, like a full-blown skeleton which conveniently doubles as a source of haggis and barbecued ribs. Now we just need an old lady in a highland cottage able to prove she'd mated with the thing years earlier and bred a clan of half-human/half-Nessie highlanders, ready to rise up again like their Jacobite ancestors.
    Obsessed with facial symmetry.

Blog Entries
    Nessie's dead?

Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by YesNo View Post
    Nessie's dead?
    Yes, that's just what happens every time someone says: "I don't believe in sea serpents."

Yes, that's just what happens every time someone says: "I don't believe in sea serpents."
    Darnit, PB, you had to go and say it, didn't ya! "I don't believe in [creature name deleted]" just so happens to be the incantation that triggers the rise of the next supernatural creature in the chain. Don't you know that Nessie, Bigfoot/Yeti, the Chupacabra, werewolves and the Jersey Devil are all linked in a rotating sequence whereby whenever one of them dies or some fool utters the words "I don't believe in..." the next creature in line rises from its slumber? Now you've gone and done it, Pompey. Mothman is swooping down on motorists even as we speak, causing people to swerve off the road into gulleys.

Blog Entries
    When I was little my babysitter's husband had a jackalope mounted on the wall in the dining room.

He trapped it himself.
    "Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun. So once when I was six, I did. At first the brightness was overwhelming, but I had seen that before. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came into focus and for a moment I understood. The doctors didn't know if my eyes would ever heal."
    -Pi

Blog Entries
    It occurred to me after reading desiresjab's thread on the real and the artificial that there are a lot of things I don't believe in. I don't believe we are "simulations" is one of them. Whether there are unicorns or sea serpents, there are cats and dogs who are quite shocking if we stop getting used to them being around.

What else don't I believe in? Hmmm. I don't believe in "many worlds"--a supposed interpretation of quantum physics that says every time I fart I create a copy of the universe in every direction that fart could have occurred. I don't believe in Santa Claus either, but if I had to choose, that is, I were forced to choose between many worlds and Santa Claus, I would pick Santa.

Blog Entries
    I also don't believe we put actual human beings on the moon during the Apollo missions in the early 1970's. We might have had the technical ability to put some robotic rovers on the moon that could scoop up rubble and deposit a retroreflector there, but that is about it. Most of the rubble from the Moon probably came from Antarctica where the perma-snow made it easy to spot meteorites.

I only mention the Apollo missions to stir up some controversy. Most people don't believe in many worlds. Most people don't think we are simulations of some master race of humans or machines. It is not easy to get someone excited about that stuff, because they don't believe it either.

But Big Foot. If there is a Sasquatch then that would be a speciation event. I keep hearing of species dying, but I don't know of any new species today and yet speciation events must have occurred based on the fossil record.

Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by YesNo View Post
    But Big Foot. If there is a Sasquatch then that would be a speciation event.
    And Bigfoot scat. That would be feciation.
    Last edited by Pompey Bum; 07-03-2016 at 07:15 AM.

And Bigfoot scat. That would be feciation.
    That's the spirit, PB. ;-) YesNo, what gives with the poking of your finger in our chests? Pompey Bum had the right approach here, as far as a response goes. We're all friends here, if you want to provoke people maybe this isn't the best site for it, eh what?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Cheddar View Post
    That's the spirit, PB. ;-) YesNo, what gives with the poking of your finger in our chests? Pompey Bum had the right approach here, as far as a response goes. We're all friends here, if you want to provoke people maybe this isn't the best site for it, eh what?
    I see you are upset. My apologies. So what precisely don't you want me to talk about?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast