Thread: synonyms

Lightbulb synonyms

is gullible genuine and innocent the same?

To be gullible is to believe everything
    to be genuine one must take everything at face value and replicate the same back making the next person listening also genuine.
    to be innocent one has to be both of the above.
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

A 'gullible' person believes everything they are told - so if I told you the moon is made of cheese and you believed me, you would be gullible (a degree of stupidity is usually necessary in order to be gullible)

A 'genuine' person is truthful - they do not pretend to be anything other than what they appear to be.

I don't know where you get your ideas from - listening to a genuine person does not make you genuine any more than listening to someone speaking French will somehow make you French.

An 'innocent' person is naive or free of guilt - it doesn't necessarily mean they are gullible or genuine.

Maybe it's time you bought yourself a dictionary?

H

She's stubborn, isn't she? ROFLMAO!!
    Well, as long as she sticks to belief, she has no trouble with a moon made of cheese. But not anything is a belief.

Quote Originally Posted by hillwalker View Post
    A 'gullible' person believes everything they are told - so if I told you the moon is made of cheese and you believed me, you would be gullible (a degree of stupidity is usually necessary in order to be gullible)
    Interesting I do not agree gullible is stupid for the simple reason that to understand a statement any correct statement is to register a sequence of ordered sentence. That is usually an indication that the brain register that logic of sequence. It is regardless of what the meaning suggesting is. The sentence is correct then the listener is also correct therefore stupidity does not enter into it. Humans register form first then sound in this order/sequence.
    A person who is stupid according is someone who does not register sentences ie shape/form. Stupid can be classified as someone who has no reference to shape and sound meanings are secondary. A good example of this is a robot. A robot does not listen it executes because it is being pushed 'button pushed'. A robot would be stupid if it did not have buttons.

A 'genuine' person is truthful - they do not pretend to be anything other than what they appear to be.
    I am not so sure I agree. A geuine person is someone who has no preconceieved ideas about anybody. It is nothing to do with truth it is to do with attitude ie thinking and doing. Genuine is how a person perceives another and it is usually in an innocent trusworthy way. A good example of genuine is a child.

I don't know where you get your ideas from - listening to a genuine person does not make you genuine any more than listening to someone speaking French will somehow make you French.
    Haha. Listening to genuine usually should make you genuine there and then. It is not a lasting effect unfortunately it is instant. Those who have it in them to receive or are receptive to genuine becomes genuine themselves. It is what I call a reverse effect and a very effective one hence why adults have children. It is to help them recover their genuinity.
    Here is another. If you listened to a french person speaks you are bound to pick one two or three words depending on your ability to receive and store. Children however are instinctively receptive they pick languages very quickly at a very young age hence this making them the genuine article. Adults eat your heart out.

An 'innocent' person is naive or free of guilt - it doesn't necessarily mean they are gullible or genuine.
    An innocent person means one simply has not done because they have not understood. They have not understood is because it does not make sense. What they do not understand they do not do and what they do not do have not got sense logic. And so the less they do of nonsense the more logic they acquire and the more innocent they are/become.
    Guilty is related to sin. In order to sin one must feel guilty and when one feels guilty one wants to sin more. In other words once the guilt trip starts there is no stopping the sin and sinner. It is a catch22 i call it a sin bin.
    Maybe it's time you bought yourself a dictionary?
    H
    Maybe it is time I wrote myself a new one. I am a writer afterall.
    Last edited by cacian; 03-14-2013 at 01:05 PM.
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

Ah well. We can only try. One sometimes wonders whether you actually want your questions answering.

As long as you're happy in your own little fantasy world then so be it.

'The Cacian Dictionary of the English Language' - I'd pay good money for that.

H

Yes, yes, we need to see Cacian's dictionary. It should be worth it, since we would get to understand the proper way of writing it in vaccuo. People who disagree with this will never know what they are missing.
    I would bet the verticality of synonyms will be amazing. For exampe, in one entry there will be cup, porcelain, earth, metal, tunnel, humus, volcano, geiser, etc. and etc. In another there will be cup, coffee, tea, sugar, honey, and so on...
    ROFLMAO!!

All are at the crossroads qimissung's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, words do have connotative meanings which go beyond the dictionary and which are cultural and emotional associations, and denotative meanings, which is a direct specific meaning as distinct from an implied or associated idea (according to the Mirriam-Webster dictionary ). I'm also not entirely convinced that to be gullible is to be stupid. Stupidity can certainly play a part, if one clings to the misinformation, however.
    "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its' own reason for existing." ~ Albert Einstein
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai
    "Some people say I done alright for a girl." Melanie Safka

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Space Cow Masochism with Gullible Genuine & Innocent

Quote Originally Posted by cafolini View Post
    Yes, yes, we need to see Cacian's dictionary. It should be worth it, since we would get to understand the proper way of writing it in vaccuo. People who disagree with this will never know what they are missing.
    I would bet the verticality of synonyms will be amazing. For exampe, in one entry there will be cup, porcelain, earth, metal, tunnel, humus, volcano, geiser, etc. and etc. In another there will be cup, coffee, tea, sugar, honey, and so on...
    ROFLMAO!!
    Oh cafoooooooolllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnniiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!

It's a dictionary of masochistic – kaBoom mamacita in the pre-medieval dark! Oh zipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

The proper way to milk a space alien while having diagonal experiences with outer space.?//…----? No?

No no?

Oh vwwwwooooooooooooooooooooop!

Oh gullible Jenny White & innocent! I mean, ogle old Jenny whining in the since! I mean gullible Jenny when an innocent! No no no!

Space recognition software – I me voice recognition software – I might as well be speaking to millions of clones of myself who have the bodies of intergalactic space cows!
    "...the ramblings of a narcissistic, self-obsessed, deranged mind."
    My poetry, plays, novels, & other stuff on Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_athr...or=Wolf Larsen

Nietsche said in "The birth of the tragedy" (?) that the artist should contain some kind of ingenuousness in her/him to work her/his piece(s) of art. I think the relation of the concepts was this and not "the artist must show ingenuousness in her/his pieces of art" (for them to be considered art).

Ah well. We can only try. One sometimes wonders whether you actually want your questions answering.

As long as you're happy in your own little fantasy world then so be it.

'The Cacian Dictionary of the English Language' - I'd pay good money for that.H
    LOL my fantasy world I like that. No need to pay haha. It is free purely as a thank you gester to convince you that my words are better then the one in the Merriam Webster oxford you name it dictionary. Plus who charges friends/acquaintances money for something such as a book? I don't. It is impolite.

ROFLMAO!!
    Wow verticality? more like platonic nothing better then a right flat meaning turned upside down on its head and up again with a sharp peak on its side to round change in an ever circular movement. Expect the word to turn every second you flip an eyelid you think you're about to twist up to the moon and back. Enjoy the ride. LOL
    Last edited by cacian; 03-14-2013 at 03:21 PM.
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

Quote Originally Posted by qimissung View Post
    I'm also not entirely convinced that to be gullible is to be stupid. Stupidity can certainly play a part, if one clings to the misinformation, however.
    If you read my response properly you will see that I didn't write "gullible" = "stupid". What is it with certain people on this site who can't read a simple reply without misinterpreting it??? I give up.

H

If you read my response properly you will see that I didn't write "gullible" = "stupid". What is it with certain people on this site who can't read a simple reply without misinterpreting it??? I give up.

H
    It's the synonyms, H. By natural default: gullible = stupid and many many more. Don't give up. I figured that Cacian's dictionary will be copied from a regular one from a to z words separated by commas. LOL

The Ghost of Laszlo Jamf islandclimber's Avatar
    It's the synonyms, H. By natural default: gullible = stupid and many many more. Don't give up. I figured that Cacian's dictionary will be copied from a regular one from a to z words separated by commas. LOL
    It is likely many words in Cacian's dictionary will be mangled and tortured into unrecognizable variations all for the sake of a "pleasing sound."