Buying through this banner helps support the forum!

Thread: Russian Nihilism

Russian Nihilism

That man must be reduced to his original natural state - animal and that conventions are rudiments and all these conventional trappings must be stripped off. Let man lives as he is stripping him naked of his conditioning, cultural patterns and the the like. Let his religious books be burned and atheism be articulated. Let us rebuild a new society or go against the manners, mores, customs, beliefs of that have come down to humanity over a span of millenniums.

To annihilate faith, to assassinate all those hold it strongly, and to glorify the Innocent, untainted, acculturated man.

How Russian Nihilism has been more pronounced and has this been a portal for Bolshevism?

I am just curious to know its philosophic, political and social pertinence

How does one reduce a human to its natural state?
    A human is already natural. Humans are creatures of habits. It is literally impossible a human to strip a human from its own natural conditions. The more one hacks at one natural instincts the more one is inclined to hold on to them by all means necessary. Humans are a catch22 .The more one try take something away from you the more you cling on to it. Even if it is no longer there one gets make to remaking another one even better and stronger. That is human nature. It holds on to its roots no matter what.
    Nihilism is a negation of what is natural and so to negate oneself from something is delusional. Nihilism does not make sense as far the stable nature of a human being which is to belong to and from nature/other humans and its surrounding. Humans strive for similarities and identifications in order to belong. Nihilism goes against the norms.
    Last edited by cacian; 02-03-2013 at 06:09 AM.
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

Quote Originally Posted by cacian View Post
    How does one reduce a human to its natural state?
    A human is already natural. Humans are creatures of habits. It is literally impossible a human to strip a human from its own natural conditions. The more one hacks at one natural instincts the more one is inclined to hold on to them by all means necessary. Humans are a catch22 .The more one try take something away from you the more you cling on to it. Even if it is no longer there one gets make to remaking another one even better and stronger. That is human nature. It holds on to its roots no matter what.
    Nihilism is a negation of what is natural and so to negate oneself from something is delusional. Nihilism does not make sense as far the stable nature of a human being which is to belong to and from nature/other humans and its surrounding. Humans strive for similarities and identifications in order to belong. Nihilism goes against the norms.
    Cacain, Nihilism is not a negation of anything natural, but of anything unnatural, of our social, traditional taboos, of our beliefs, of our fake ideologies, of our sticking on to theological dogmas, of our attachment to all old rubbishes that mar us from doing what we want in our natural state and from our hubris that we are superbly greater than the rest of other fellow beings. It strips us naked of our old dogmas and present us as we are, without affectations, the way we first born of a mother, unclothed, unmasked, untaught, unlearned of the throes of manmade, god-made, society-made debris

Hi osho sorry I understood it to be a general term for anything.
    Do you have a case of nihilism ever tried and worked?
    The issue I have with this ideology is that it believes in taking away what is already been established as a human condition. I am more into improving what one has rather then taking it away from them. Unfortunately or fortunately even humans tend to add accumulate rather assimilate.That is the natural instinct of a human being.
    Whether the accumulation is good or bad is another story. I believe that established dictatorial ideologies such as religions a nuisance. I think that religion negate a human being from his own logical judgement and blur his own natural instinct to think rationally. In fact I believe truly,with all due respect to you, that religion turn many people into inefficient and backward thinking beings. Religons slows down the intellect and turn one into a fanatic ready to kill or be killed.
    I think people should be let free to find for themselves the kind of faith they want without outside pressure and already established institutions such as religions.
    To be born into a world where a religion is already established for you and where one does not get a choice over what they get or what they are in terms of their faith is dictatorship. People are born to be told who they are and so it underchallenge their motives and teach them to rely on others for everything. People are born to a world spoon fed with established ideologies that it affect one's instincts and drives one lazy intellectually. It can only be detrimental long term.
    So I think one must first annihilate established dogmas such as religions and politics first only then could emancipation of the intellect begin.
    Last edited by cacian; 02-03-2013 at 06:54 AM.
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

Quote Originally Posted by cacian View Post
    Hi
    So instead of stripping away a human being from their own physiological instincts one should annihilate established dogmas such as religions and politics first.
    You are right, and this is part of what I want to raise here for discussion and indeed through your prompt responses things that went UN-articulated in my post got pronounced / added here. I have read Fathers and Sons by Turgenev and it was interesting and is somewhat nihilist philosophy. I like your mention of Accumulation and Assimilation ideas and I choose the latter

Eiseabhal
    Nihilism with a capital is a nasty little political fashion that can turn its adherents into commie /nazi/anarchist loonies. But nihilism with a small "n" can be a personal reaction to a "cold and cruel" universe that creates a book of "Ecclesiastes" or "A Farewell to Arms".

I see nihilism as the impulse to question every thing, to separate the wheat from the chaff, what has value from what dose not. it is becoming increasingly difficult to know what is valuable in a culture that trivializes everything, or exaggerates its value out of proportion. Of coarse anything takin to the extreme becomes an evil.