Thread: Does anybody know how to delete threads?

Does anybody know how to delete threads?

I wanted to delete my earlier threads,I have already messaged one of the moderators but I didn't get any reply and my threads are still visible.Does anybody know who's the moderator who deletes threads?

People have asked before, but I've never seen any of them get a thread deleted from the site. Maybe it's happened and I missed it or something, but the advice that's usually given is to just go to each of your *posts* that you want deleted, hit the EDIT button, and then erase everything you posted. That way you will be able to remove your comments--although anyone who QUOTED you in their replies will still be displaying the quoted portions of your posts. And the comments/posts/replies of other forum members will still remain in those threads that you started. (The title of the thread will remain as well.)

I participated in another forum a while back at another site where someone began a thread that became pretty active, and then the person who started the thread decided to delete it. Everyone was really upset at that person--I can see why a site like this wouldn't want people to have that power over threads/discussions that they start in this forum.

There are so many possible reasons, it's hard to say. Do you want to delete all your threads? Were these threads of your writing or general discussion topics? Were any of the threads pretty active, to where the mods may think some posts (including your own) have value and are worth keeping? Or maybe they just missed or forgot your request.

I remember one here-and-gone poster requested his entire story thread be deleted after he didn't get the praise he was looking for, and that request was honored. NOT suggesting that might be your reason, just relating an example.

Just out of curiosity, can I ask why you want them gone?
    You must be the change you wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Gandhi

Voice of Chaos & Anarchy
    In one of the branches of the multiverse, but I don't know which one.
    Blog Entries
    I hope that your threads will not be deleted across the board, but it is reasonable for specific threads or posts to be deleted. You could do much of that yourself, but after some pperiod of time all threads become uneditable.

Quote Originally Posted by Calidore View Post
    There are so many possible reasons, it's hard to say. Do you want to delete all your threads? Were these threads of your writing or general discussion topics? Were any of the threads pretty active, to where the mods may think some posts (including your own) have value and are worth keeping? Or maybe they just missed or forgot your request.

I remember one here-and-gone poster requested his entire story thread be deleted after he didn't get the praise he was looking for, and that request was honored. NOT suggesting that might be your reason, just relating an example.

Just out of curiosity, can I ask why you want them gone?
    Not all but only the threads of my writing.
    I thought some of my writing wasn't good or awkward and it may create a wrong impression of myself.
    Last edited by Sameer Telkar; 01-27-2013 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sameer Telkar View Post
    I thought some of my writing wasn't good or awkward and it may create a wrong impression of myself.
    Oh, I wouldn't worry about that. We're all our own worst critics. And anyway, early writings are something every writer has to live with, just like actors have to live with early movies they'd rather didn't exist. Look forward, not back.
    You must be the change you wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Sameer Telkar View Post
    Some good writers who post to this site sometimes delete their writings when they are very dissatisfied. It's not very common (and like Calisore says, it isn't really necessary, especially for a beginning writer) but it happens sometimes. Only the word "deleted" might remain (because the forum system requires a minimum size for the comment, so it can't be completely blank...). They can't delete the whole thread, just their writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Calidore View Post
    Oh, I wouldn't worry about that. We're all our own worst critics. And anyway, early writings are something every writer has to live with, just like actors have to live with early movies they'd rather didn't exist. Look forward, not back.
    Thanks buddy,very inspiring.I think you're right.