Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: Make me a Poem

  1. #31
    Registered User Caliode's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by zoolane View Post
    Why I would 'make you poem?' when rewrite one of my mine. Do your own working.

    I provided a set of images and a poem I had produced from the images. The invitation was to write poem using the images supplied.

    These are stock, run of the mill images and I thought it might be interesting to see how people's imagination worked in a creative way rather than one which was destructive.

    Of course I had over-looked human nature.
    Last edited by Caliode; 01-13-2013 at 05:35 AM.

  2. #32
    Registered User Caliode's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by blank|verse View Post

    Night Fire
    Or, An Act of Polishing

    He felt he'd walked this poplared, nightlit lane;
    seen the black absence of the restless trees
    that was a negative of fire; its smokeless flames
    flecking the dark sky white.

    He felt that night was running down the lane,
    and saw and saw the face in the persistent moon.
    He felt his raw skin burn with each stuck guttural breath
    as he thought of her and he thought of her and he thought of her.


    * * *

    Caliode - It would be nice if you would let us know what you think of my re-write of your poem. Thanks in advance.
    It's not a competition. If you are satisfied with your poem that's fine. It looks and feels ok with some interesting techniques.

  3. #33
    Registered User zoolane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,445
    Blog Entries
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliode View Post
    I provided a set of images and a poem I had produced from the images. The invitation was to write poem using the images supplied.

    These are stock, run of the mill images and I thought it might be interesting to see how people's imagination worked in a creative way rather than one which was destructive.

    Of course I had over-looked human nature.
    As far I can see you used other members to create poem, fair enough with images you have provide but it up to you see how many ways uses your creative flow to see how many ways you can write a poem with images you have set.
    English my native language and have characterizes of dyslexia.

    Copyright (C) 2011, Zoolane

    I have pass by English Exam.

  4. #34
    Registered User Caliode's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by zoolane View Post
    As far I can see you used other members to create poem, fair enough with images you have provide but it up to you see how many ways uses your creative flow to see how many ways you can write a poem with images you have set.
    No it's not.

    It's perfectly clear what my intention was.

  5. #35
    Employee of the Month blank|verse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliode View Post
    It's not a competition. If you are satisfied with your poem that's fine. It looks and feels ok with some interesting techniques.
    Well, if not a competition, then certainly a challenge. After all, you did demand 'Make me a poem' and challenged someone to 'Write it better'. So it's more about whether you think I've achieved this...

  6. #36
    Registered User Caliode's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by blank|verse View Post
    Well, if not a competition, then certainly a challenge. After all, you did demand 'Make me a poem' and challenged someone to 'Write it better'. So it's more about whether you think I've achieved this...

    No. No No

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Aphorism #282 Make use of Absence to make yourself more esteemed or valued.
    By Admin in forum Balthasar Gracian's The Art of Worldly Wisdom
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-27-2009, 03:10 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-17-2009, 11:48 AM
  3. Aphorism #282 Make use of Absence to make yourself more esteemed or valued.
    By Admin in forum Balthasar Gracian's The Art of Worldly Wisdom
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-31-2008, 01:20 PM
  4. what is the proper way to make a poem.?
    By ._.yNa._. in forum Personal Poetry
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-04-2008, 12:00 AM
  5. A poem here to make you smile!
    By NorthantsPoet in forum Personal Poetry
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-04-2008, 05:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •