Thread: What is your source of your inspiration?

What is your source of your inspiration?

A piece of writing has a source at which a writer finds a fountain of-inspiration. Writer's block happens when he becomes creatively crippled particularly particularly when his source of inspiration dries up. What drives you to write? Some want some unusual happenings or circumstances and others a story. But i feel we are not short of stories. All i need is language. If our capacity for giving vent to our observation in society we will not run short of materials.

“Those who seek to satisfy the mind of man by hampering it with ceremonies and music and affecting charity and devotion have lost their original nature””

“If water derives lucidity from stillness, how much more the faculties of the mind! The mind of the sage, being in repose, becomes the mirror of the universe, the speculum of all creation.

Caddy smells like trees caddy_caddy's Avatar
    Pain is what drive me to write . I don't lack the language . In Arabic I have a very eloquent style and language and things flow smoothly and very easily . I just have a problem in collecting my self and focusing. To write , you should direct all your emotions, feelings and ideas into one direction. Most of the time I feel fragmented and shattered . That's the main obstacle to me.
    bty : Mahmoud Darwish says that only the first line is an inspiration , the rest is your labor.

Artist and Bibliophile stlukesguild's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm tempted to beat Alex and Wolf to the drw and post a quote by Pietro Aretino (c. 1527):

"It is a foolish dimwit who doesn't realize it a waste of time unless a thing concerns ****ing!"
    Beware of the man with just one book. -Ovid
    The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.- Mark Twain
    My Blog: Of Delicious Recoil
    http://stlukesguild.tumblr.com/