What books are we looking forward to reading in 2013? It can be new or old books, first reads or re-reads.
Looking at my shelf, I have about 30 unstarted books. I'm especially looking forward to:
- Don Quixote (Will be my first of next year)
- The Divine Comedy: I was always a bit daunted but being around this place has re-ignited my desire to read it. I'll be reading the Ciardi translation, and probably the Hollander one at some later date (as well as others in the future).
- Swann's Way (and hopefully the rest of ISoLT): I've long, long been fascinated with Proust and really want to set aside the time for his work. Moncrieff/Kilmartin/Enright translation.
- The Odyssey: Big fan of 'The Iliad' so it's about time I got around to it. Fitzgerald translation.
- The Decameron: I'll probably eat away at this over the course of the entire year, as I do with most collections of short stories/story cycles.
As always, in a months time, I'll be spending far, far too much time deciding on what I'm going to choose next and will admonish myself for buying so many books at once.