Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Birthday, Pensive!

All are at the crossroads qimissung's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Happy Birthday, Pensive!

A little bird told me it was your birthday! I hope the bluebird of happiness visited you yesterday (this message is a bit belated ) and again today and tomorrow and every day of your sweet life!
    "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its' own reason for existing." ~ Albert Einstein
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai
    "Some people say I done alright for a girl." Melanie Safka

Happy birthday!
    You must be the change you wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Gandhi

Happy birthday pretty girl! I hope you are going to have a wonderful time. Here is a rose for you.

Happy birthday, Pensive!
    Exit, pursued by a bear.

Clinging to Douvres rocks Gilliatt Gurgle's Avatar
    Happy birthday

"Mongo only pawn in game of life" - Mongo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKRma7PDW10

Happy Birthday Pensive!
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

Thank you all!
    I can't quite express in words the gratitude I feel on seeing you people remember me like this! It was my first birthday away from home so I was not expecting any kind of celebrations with being totally new at this place. But then some friend of mine found out and she turned up with some other friends of hers and it turned out to be quite a social event. Afterwards it was also nice to sit close to the river and think and appreciate nature and be thankful for everything!
    I sang of leaves, of leaves of gold, and leaves of gold there grew.

Happy Birthday!!!
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

I'm a little late but I wanted to add my wishes for a very happy birthday. I'm glad it was special despite being without family.
    the luminous grass of the prairie hides
    feet lovely and still as sleeping doves,
    porcelain bones strong enough to carry a life,
    but weighty and unmovable
    As black Dakota hills.
    ~ Riesa

Happy birthday to one of the greatest lit-netters of all time. You've always been one of my favorites, Pensive.

"If it is honorable for you to disturb the dead, I shall consider it an honor and will make it my ambition to disturb your living." - Captain Miles Hazzard

A User, but Registered! tonywalt's Avatar
    Cayman Palms, Cayman Islands, Cayman Islands
    Blog Entries
    Happy Birthday Pensive!

Happy Birthday! have a good one.
    One has to laugh before being happy, because otherwise one risks to die before having laughed.

"Je crains [...] que l'âme ne se vide à ces passe-temps vains, et que le fin du fin ne soit la fin des fins." (Edmond Rostand, Cyrano de Bergerac, Acte III, Scène VII)

Blog Entries
    Happy Birthday.

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    Happy Belated Birthday, Pensive

An interview with Pensive:

*Why are we doing this interview thing?*
    I haven't been on this forum as much as I would like to so I guess it could serve as a way for litnetters to get to know what I have been doing all this time. Also I like to express and enjoy occasional ego-boosts which come with an interview (man I am important!)

*So, how old are you?*
    Twenty. Sighs.

*What is the best birthday present you've ever received?*
    Can't really remember. However I remember the worst birthday present I have ever received which was a visa refusal (for a visit to my brother's) exactly on my birthday last year!

*If you had a personal theme song what would it be?*
    Maybe Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel or Songs that We Sing[ by Charlotte Gainsbourg. Or maybe something by Laura Marling.

*Are you male or female? *
    This is not important. At least not as important as gender is made out to be.

*If you could build an entire planet from scratch, what would it look, sound and smell like?*
    I can't really tell. It would probably be something quite differently from my original plan.

*Would you like to join Maximilianus' Air Force?*
    Sure. Anything having something to do with air and flying is my kind.

*If you owned the site, what would you change?*
    The only thing I would probably want to change is changing things. Okay now this is getting contradictory but I really prefer the format of these boards back in 2005 for example. I don't quite like all the changes taking place.

*What was the inspiration for your LitNet username?*
    I don't remember anymore.

*Which countries did you visit?*
    It has been an interesting year for me since it's the first time I got out of my own and apparently I have already got to see half of the world. Actually not maybe literally but we have a saying in our country if you get to see China you have traveled half of the world. Other than that Finland and Estonia. Currently I am studying as an international student in Estonia.

*Which languages do you speak?*
    Urdu and English. Until a few months back I only spoke Urdu but now I have to speak in English in order to converse with people in a foreign country. It would probably do some good to try to learn the local language here.

*What is the last thing that you have done that you have been really proud of?*
    I am not big into pride but I am quite happy with how I am doing in a foreign environment. It is pretty different from the inactive life I was used to and I have managed never to complain about it. Even the weather. It's like from 52 to minus 20 since I actually come from one of the warmest places in the world and I am doing pretty well. I do not even have to dress up as warm as most of my local friends here. And I do not have to drink in order to keep myself warm which my Estonian friends use as a lame excuse for drinking. I don't mind having to cook, clean, share room, etc either. Maybe it is beginning to sound like complaining now but it is not. It just sounds like it! Actually life is pretty easy here.

*If you could live somewhere different, where would it be and why?*
    I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Love this place. It's small, quiet and safe and despite the small size there is always something to do. It is quite close to nature and beautiful. For me who had never been exposed to much nature back home it is almost like a dream coming true.

*Do you have any pets?*
    Nope. I don't like.

*What makes you happy?*
    People's kindness and friends and quite a lot of things including this interview. Lately probably icelolly is keeping me the happiest though. While consuming an icecream I find the troubles melting in my mouth and I like how it's pretty cheap. You could have something to look forward to almost every other day. Also it helps me in fighting the cold because after an ice-lolly I get so cold that I become numb and don't feel the cold anymore. Its no trouble fighting cold.

I also love to walk around aimlessly basically.

*What's your favourite song for singing in the shower?*
    Maybe something romantic. Most of you wouldn't know of those since they are in my native language.

*Which actor should play you in a movie based on your life?*
    I don't want a movie on my life.

*How do you like your coffee? *
    I shouldn't always have to make one for myself!

*Given the option, what animal would you choose to be?*
    If I must be an animal and not a bird then frog maybe. I don't even know why.

When you were younger, what did you want to be?
    I think I wanted to be a teacher.

*What makes you feel great about yourself?*
    Maybe my answer to what I am proud of could be put here too. But I also think I like how I could be really patient and persistent when it comes to something/somebody I really care about. I could be very, very patient. I also like to think of myself as a caring and responsible individual.

*How did you meet your significant other?*
    I don't even know if I have met him yet. Or maybe I have and I don't know. Or maybe I do know but I am scared of admitting it's him.

*What was the best day of your life?*
    Hmmmh there have been several good days can't decide on one.

*What are you naturally good at? (Skills, abilities, gifts etc.)*
    I am not a really skilful person unfortunately. I just know very little about embroidery, knitting, sewing, cooking, art, literature or scientific knowledge. But I think I have some abilities like being able to fight really hard when the need be (oh and I could be really good at fighting off temptations) Or being patient. I am also very curious by nature and always trying to learn. Also like to think of myself not very demanding or complaining.

*What is the one thing you must do before you die?*
    I don't know. Maybe acquire some skills.

What’s the geekiest thing about you?
    I don't know if I am geeky.

*If you had to teach something, what would you teach?*
    Poetry but I would have to learn something about it first.

*What would you regret not fully doing, being or having in your life?*
    I am not a very regretful person and actually I think I probably have almost everything I could have asked for (or at least all that which is most important to me). But it would have been nicer to be able to live with all my loved ones. I miss family and friends back home and apparently when I go back home I am going to miss people here quite a lot too. So it's like you have got pieces of yourself scattered about the globe and you can't do anything about it.

*If you were to be stuck at a particular time in your life, which one would you choose and why?*
    Hmmh right now maybe?

Do you ever get tired of living your life?
    I have my issues with life too but mostly it's quite okay.

*What one thing would you NEED to have on a deserted island if you didn't have to worry over food and water? *
    Some nice company. Or internet!

*If you were a king/queen for a day, what would you do?*
    Nothing I would be a lazy one.

*What’s the stupidest forum argument you’ve ever had?*
    Don't remember.

*What song is in your head at the moment?*
    Something really sappy.

*Which book are you reading at the moment?*
    Poor People by Dostovsky.

*What is your favourite quote?*
    Maybe many literary snobs wouldn't be very okay with me quoting Harry Potter here on these forums but I can't quite help it.
    "These are our choices Harry which show what we truly are far more than our abilities!"

*What’s your favorite word?*
    It's hard to pick but the one which comes most naturally at the moment is fly as a verb.

*Favorite avatar on the Forum?*
    At the moment my own! Sorry to be such a narcissist.

What's your favorite sandwich?
    Anything that I don't have to make. (but it better not include meat since I don't eat it. At least I do not eat meat anymore. Back at home I ate everything as long as I did not have to cook it and since my mother cooked meat quite often I simply had to. Here there is an issue of finding Halaal meat which leaves me with fish but once you get so used of not having the meat you used to have in the last nineteen years of your life you would rather not have fish too. I mean if you could fight off temptation for others, which I have succeeded in doing, I could definitely do it for fish too. So basically it has been three months without any meat except fish four times. Yes I can count it on fingers!)

*What is your answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything?*?
    Keep passing the open windows maybe?

What is the exact threashold of your credability?
    I didn't quite understand this question.

*What are you wearing at the moment?*
    Pyjamas! I am lazy on weekends.

*Favorite poem?*
    Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening.

*First novel you remember reading on your own?*
    Don't remember.

*Favorite TV shows?*
    Gilmore Girls, Lost and the rest are all locals.

*Which Forum members would you like to meet in person?*
    Besides those I have already met (and would love to meet again), in no particular order; Pen, Scher, Virgil, Jay, papaya, Loka, Madhuri, SnowQueen, Night, Aimus, downing, Idil, Basil, Niamh, PrinceMyshkin, qimissung, Logos, and many many more. I would love to meet you all!

*Are you a winter or summer?*
    I am winter.
    Everybody is winter in this place. I am glad to have found my folk!

*Last words you said out loud?*
    I haven't said anything out loud in quite a while. Might have said something last night to my roommate.

*Last person you hugged/kissed?*
    Diana - that's the name of a classmate. But really I am not very keen on expressing emotions this way usually. I don't hug or kiss.

*What do you do to be able to keep your LitNet addiction going? And are you happy with your chosen profession?*
    Luckily I don't have to do anything yet. (thanks to my parents) But it would be nice to get some kind of summer job.

*What is your most outstanding feature?*
    My patience maybe.

*If you could change one thing about the way you look, what would that be?*
    I would not want to change anything.

*What book would you recommend to others of all types and ages as a must read?*
    Harry Potter series!

*What should you be doing at the moment instead of answering these questions?*
    Getting ready to go out.

*Favorite movie?*
    The Pianist.

*Last movie you watched?
    Been pretty long since I last watched a movie.

*Wonderful Superman or depressing Batman?*
    Depressing superman, if there's anything of the sort.

*Something you want to forget but you never can?*
    Home. Actually no I don't really want to forget home but I want to forget the fact after studies I would probably soon have to return to maybe the kind of life I don't really want to imagine.

*What is the wisest thing that has been said to you?*
    People are not saints and somebody on these forums said it. I wouldn't name names but it sticked me for all my life while growing up and helped a lot.

What is the best thing that happened to you since your last birthday?
    I managed to travel a great deal.

*Are you mostly happy with life or are you still in pursuit?*
    If you could still be happy with life while being in pursuit, I think that's me.

Tell us something scandalous about yourself.
    I stalk! but its very innocent nothing creepy. Excuses, yes.

*How long did it take you to answer all of these questions?*
    Almost an hour.

*One final word of wisdom for LitNet users?*
    I don't consider myself particularly wise but I would suggest everybody to be as kind as you possibly can. Even little acts of kindness from your side can change other people's lives for much greater good.
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

Great interview, Pensy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast