Thread: Need Help Finding an Author

Need Help Finding an Author

So I was clearing out my grandfather's old apartment and I came across an almost transcendentally weird little book called Dragons: An Introduction to the Modern Infestation by a certain Pamela Wharton Blanpied. The book is this meticulously detailed fake monograph on "verminology," or the study of dragons and their place in their modern world - a kind of eco-satire, but so heavy on complicated anatomical and historical deatail that it reads just like the driest science textbook you ever had in highschool, which only makes it feel more "realistic." So my next thought was - who would write such a thing (it even has a fake bibliography) and why?

"Pamela Wharton Blanpied" is obviously a psuedonym, and the even the quotes on the cover are made-up (one is from William F. Buckley's non-existent daughter, reporting for the National Review). It is a first editioin, published by Warner Books in 1981; Warner Books ceased to exist in 1991, so I tried contacting an alternative publisher, Boyell Booksm with a query but recieved no response.

If anyone has any information at all on who or what Pamela Wharton Blanpied is, I would be much obliged.

Blog Entries
    From what Google reveals, it does not seem to be a pseudonym, and this is not a very obscure (albeit not very popular either) book. It is a fantasy "novel" about dragons, with an interesting scientific take. There is no great mystery to it, it would seem; just a book that did not do to well.
    I wrote a poem on a leaf and it blew away...