View Poll Results: Harry Potter

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • * A bookworm's nightmare!

1 20.00%
  • ** Take a nap instead!

0 0%
  • *** Finished but no reason to skip meals.

2 40.00%
  • **** Don't forget to unplug the phone for this one!

0 0%
  • ***** A bookworm's bibliophilic dream!

2 40.00%

Thread: Harry Potter

Harry Potter

In my opinion the Harry Potter Series is the best series of books ever written. The Harry Potter books are extremely well written and are never boring. It is very important for me, that when I read I book I am always interested. While reading all of these books never once did I want to put it down. There was always something I wanted to find out which kept me reading on. The Harry Potter books are easy to read and fun to read. I never found my self wondering what was happening and I never got confused. The series as a whole is great because each book is its own story but still they are very important to the whole story. Rowling did an excellent job writing these books. I have read everyone multiple times and I enjoy reading them each time I do!

Blog Entries
    I agree that the series is good, and I too enjoyed them. You might be interested to see a breadth of opinon about them expressed on this forum if you seach for Harry Potter threads. What some say might surprise you. I wouldn't resurrect those threads though if I were you.

Harry knows too much about the warts of the hogs to be liked by everyone. ROFLMAO

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chdunne View Post
    In my opinion the Harry Potter Series is the best series of books ever written. The Harry Potter books are extremely well written and are never boring. It is very important for me, that when I read I book I am always interested. While reading all of these books never once did I want to put it down. There was always something I wanted to find out which kept me reading on. The Harry Potter books are easy to read and fun to read. I never found my self wondering what was happening and I never got confused. The series as a whole is great because each book is its own story but still they are very important to the whole story. Rowling did an excellent job writing these books. I have read everyone multiple times and I enjoy reading them each time I do!

You're right in each and every word of yours... And, for me, HARRY POTTER is a lot lot more than books, it's my own world... It is one of the BEST things that has ever happened to me. I see it at par with my passions and dreams of my real life.. Personally, we Potterheads feel there is so much more than magic and spells in the series, something very big and very important about life, about being good, about the choices we make, about what you grow up to be, and about what you stand up for in your life. It is a part of my childhood and it'll be a part for the rest of my life as well..... I can never talk enough of Harry Potter. I feel truly blessed to be such a big Harry Potter fan!

I'm posting here my recent post about 'Harry POtter.' Tell me what do you think of it??

Purports I have realized from tale "The Three Brothers:"

1. The Resurrection Stone is the symbol that represents the Past - to become its master is to truly come out of the regret and the pain of your past.

2. The Elder Wand is the symbol that represents the Power - to truly master a Power means to hold a mighty weapon and never misuse it.

3. The Invisibility Cloak is the symbol of the Righteousness - to master it means to always stay yourself bound to the morality of values, even though they can't be seen by the eyes of others.
    Last edited by krishna_lit; 11-04-2012 at 10:56 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    They're good for what they are, I suppose.

I'd suggest giving some other books a try in lieu of another reread, OP. Blasphemy though it may seem, you might actually find something you like more.

All are at the crossroads qimissung's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There are a few books that I return to over and over. Books in this series would fall into that category. But Mutatis is right. I always try to find new books and authors to read. I love my adventures in reading.

I am currently rereading the series. I have never reread them and it seemed like a good time to do so. They are as enjoyable and engrossing as I remember.
    "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its' own reason for existing." ~ Albert Einstein
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai
    "Some people say I done alright for a girl." Melanie Safka

Card-carrying Medievalist Lokasenna's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I wonder if this thread will get to 21 pages, like the last HP-related one? I stand by what I said in that one: the HP books are alright, but nothing special. And Mutatis is correct - read around a bit, and you might be surprised by what you find!
    "I should only believe in a God that would know how to dance. And when I saw my devil, I found him serious, thorough, profound, solemn: he was the spirit of gravity- through him all things fall. Not by wrath, but by laughter, do we slay. Come, let us slay the spirit of gravity!" - Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by qimissung View Post
    There are a few books that I return to over and over. Books in this series would fall into that category.
    Yeah, for me too. Actually the books I reread the most are all the books I read as a kid or, in this case, books for kids. J.K. Rowling, Roald Dahl, etc. and then Agatha Christie, who was not a children's author, but whom I discovered at 11. I just love her, no matter how many people call her stories junk.

But Mutatis is right. I always try to find new books and authors to read. I love my adventures in reading.
    This is something I have to 'work at' a lot too. It's easy to pick up old favourites, but then you end up spending so much time rereading instead discovering new treasures.

I am currently rereading the series. I have never reread them and it seemed like a good time to do so. They are as enjoyable and engrossing as I remember.
    Hey, me too Recently I saw Deathly Hallows Part 2 again on tv and I thought it would be nice to reread the series. In the past I had to wait between books, but now I can read them back to back. It's not going as quick as I thought because I've found a few interesting Non-F books that I'm reading as well, but what I like about HP is that the story is like comfort food.

I started reading HP with my son. He never became a big fan, but I sure did, and I've reread these wonderful books many times.

Nothing wrong with rereading, but I agree with Mutatis - don't let it prevent you from reading lots of other books.
    Exit, pursued by a bear.

All are at the crossroads qimissung's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TurquoiseSunset View Post
    Yeah, for me too. Actually the books I reread the most are all the books I read as a kid or, in this case, books for kids. J.K. Rowling, Roald Dahl, etc. and then Agatha Christie, who was not a children's author, but whom I discovered at 11. I just love her, no matter how many people call her stories junk.

This is something I have to 'work at' a lot too. It's easy to pick up old favourites, but then you end up spending so much time rereading instead discovering new treasures.

Hey, me too Recently I saw Deathly Hallows Part 2 again on tv and I thought it would be nice to reread the series. In the past I had to wait between books, but now I can read them back to back. It's not going as quick as I thought because I've found a few interesting Non-F books that I'm reading as well, but what I like about HP is that the story is like comfort food.

They are comfort food. Really good comfort food like your mom or grandmother makes, redolent of all that makes life good and that sticks to your ribs.
    "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its' own reason for existing." ~ Albert Einstein
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai
    "Some people say I done alright for a girl." Melanie Safka

I liked these books. I discovered them when I was a child and I wished that I would go to such a cool school. The idea of a magic school appealed to me a lot, but I agree with Mutatis-Mutandis and Lokasenna that these books are nothing special. Besides, the older I was getting, the more I was able to see their shortcomings and the less charmed I was with the following books, so there is little likelihood that I will ever return to them. I have fond memories of the first three books and I would rather not spoil them with rereading.
    Last edited by Aylinn; 11-11-2012 at 07:44 AM.

I read the books and enjoyed them as well. I have not reread them though I am not a fan if rereading so many other books to select.