Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: what is your ambition as a writer?

Red face what is your ambition as a writer?

Where do you go from now or what are your plans?

My ambition is to write a book that transcends all eras.
    In other word a book story that in a 100 years time still bounces off as modern and fitting to any era.
    A book that never age.
    It is hard but can be done. I am on it .
    Last edited by cacian; 10-27-2012 at 03:56 AM.
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cacian View Post

In other word a book story that in a 100 years time still bounces off as modern and fitting to any era.
    A book that never age.
    Awesome spirit bro.... I too have a very identical goal.. My ambition as a writer is to have people (fans) that love me like I love my favourite authors, making me a part of their life...

And when you replied to my post "Why most of the Classic books often seem boring???" u said u haven't yet read a book that transcends all eras. I then wanted to ask you what that means, and in this post you made it clear to all.. Thank You... and All the very Best... I will wait for your book ))

Blog Entries
    I'm just gonna point out that that's already been done cacian.

I don't really have any ambition as a writer, it's just fun writing stuff. Do you really need any other reason?

Card-carrying Medievalist Lokasenna's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's a simple thing, but my ambition as a writer is that people should enjoy reading my stuff. Ideally, they should get as much pleasure from reading it as I get from writing it.
    "I should only believe in a God that would know how to dance. And when I saw my devil, I found him serious, thorough, profound, solemn: he was the spirit of gravity- through him all things fall. Not by wrath, but by laughter, do we slay. Come, let us slay the spirit of gravity!" - Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Volya View Post
    I'm just gonna point out that that's already been done cacian.

I don't really have any ambition as a writer, it's just fun writing stuff. Do you really need any other reason?
    No no reason at all.
    I think I am just looking to see if someone has something planned like overturning or overiding a classic by writing something classy instead.
    Only joking.
    Well it is nice to visualise your writing as if it is a series of books that do improve with time.
    It is nice to know that you are getting better at your own writing without anyone telling you.
    About what you said what is this book that has not and will not age? what is the title?
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

About what you said what is this book that has not and will not age? what is the title?
    I think that could be argued for any classic, no? Classics are in part books which have survived with the critical community and the interested public of literature as a whole, having so transcended their eras. Of course they have something of the time they were written in them, as any book must have, but they are not confined to it.

Quote Originally Posted by namenlose View Post
    I think that could be argued for any classic, no? Classics are in part books which have survived with the critical community and the interested public of literature as a whole, having so transcended their eras. Of course they have something of the time they were written in them, as any book must have, but they are not confined to it.
    Ah I see what you mean.
    What I mean with a book that does not age is a book that fits in with all ages and interest. A book with no specific era or specific plot timeless is what I mean.
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

What I mean with a book that does not age is a book that fits in with all ages and interest. A book with no specific era or specific plot timeless is what I mean.
    That's an impossibility. How can a child's book without a specific plot be of interest to say an adult 200 years from now? Perhaps an encyclopaedia will fit the bill, but no novel can ever be all things to all men. It's absurd to expect any different.

H

Quote Originally Posted by hillwalker View Post
    That's an impossibility. How can a child's book without a specific plot be of interest to say an adult 200 years from now? Perhaps an encyclopaedia will fit the bill, but no novel can ever be all things to all men. It's absurd to expect any different.

H
    Well I don' know how one can do that but I am not one to believe the impossible is impossible.
    I think if something is thought of than that in itself is a possibility.
    I am guessing a story that is written around humour and magic with a set of characters of all ages is something for everyone.
    You would be surprise how much adults have in common with children and vice versa.
    I was thinking the other day of getting a group of characters ranging from 3 to 80 and getting a story written together.
    Each of these people/characters will contribute an idea a dialogue and a pun.
    The language is what brings these characters together.
    Basically I am thinking writing a story with various people involved. A team book. I think one can do that with braisntorming and actually getting the story to take shape in real life and then putting it down onto paper after that.
    A bit like a movie in reverse. Act out the story then write it down.
    I don't know. Just ideas well worth trying.
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

Sounds horrific - writing by committee.

H

Blog Entries
    It's been done - the result was "The Vampire Diaries" - if you want to be saddled with the creation of that, go ahead.
    I wrote a poem on a leaf and it blew away...

Blog Entries
    I am guessing a story that is written around humour and magic with a set of characters of all ages is something for everyone..
    Harry Potter series is exactly this. That whole story is not confined to any particular time period. It has the potential to stay as a classic forever and ever. The last thing HARRY POTTER series teaches to readers is Magic, because it's mainly centered about the unending conflict of Good vs Evil and THAT will never be outdated. Moreoever, the newer the era gets the more that book fits into it...

krishna
    Wizady is not magic to me.
    I am after clean magic without the added gorryness/goofiness to it.
    By magic I mean exquisite moments of laughter and fun.
    No killing no flying no dragons.
    I mean the kind of magic created between people. Just imagine of group of people exctatic just because they are together. The fluency of thoughts generated by a group of people as a result of their fluid thinking ways.
    That is magic of another kind.
    Last edited by cacian; 10-27-2012 at 11:21 AM.
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

Blog Entries
    krishna
    Wizady is not magic to me.
    I am after clean magic without the added gorryness/goofiness to it.
    By magic I mean exquisite moments of laughter and fun.
    No killing no flying and dragons.
    I mean the kind of magic created between people. Just imagine of group of people exctatic just because they are together. The fluency of thoughts generated by a group of people as a result of their fluid thinking ways.
    That is magic of another kind.
    Cacian... I am a fanatical fan of Harry Potter series and that has resulted in that reply about magic, excuse me there.. I think I now get what you said, you're talking about the human relations, the Magic that binds the whole world together forever....!!! Awesome thoughts of yours.. That Magic will truly transcend all the eras, and stand as a True Classic...

A book that never age.
    I see that as possible if you create a world, like Middle Earth.
    Presently exploring: Kal Bashir's monostory ideas.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast