Hi I'm new to this. I'm an English teacher in seoul south korea and also I like writing short stories based on my life. Ive been here awhile about 8 years. Its a nice gig, what can I say (5 months vacation)...I'm looking for 2 stories. I read them a long time ago and as I remember they were in a book of short stories compiled by the Hilton Hotel (is that possible?). One as about a high school or college diving championship. The narrator wanted his teammate to win so he invented a game about clean up a whipple or something each time they dived. It was pure fanatasy. When he dived he was only thinking of the next thing to say to his teammate. Well...you guessed it. He won....Sounds sappy? It probably was as I read it a long time ago but I would like to read it again and maybe my students would enjoy it.
The second story was about factory workers. They hammered crates shut. THis one guy couldnt get the hang of it. They gave him a week to learn. He still couldnt get the hang of it. He went home and practiced. Finally he got it and he was so happy he kept practicing at home. He became the best hammerer in the factory. A while later when someone invented a hammering machine, they kept him and only him on in case it broke sometime. He finally stuck his arm inthe machine and got it mangled. After that he become one of the guys. Sounds depressing huh? Well if anyone knows of these stories I would love to read them again. yours. Frank