Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Duchess of Cambridge's Breasts

The Duchess of Cambridge's Breasts

Does anyone know why all the fuss about Kate Middleton wearing a topless bikini and it's subsequent exposure through photographs printed in a French magazine? It appears that one of Signor Berlusconi's publications is going to show them in Italy and they have just been published in Ireland by an affiliate of the Daily Express group.
    "L'art de la statistique est de tirer des conclusions erronèes a partir de chiffres exacts." Napoléon Bonaparte.

"Je crois que beaucoup de gens sont dans cet état d’esprit: au fond, ils ne sentent pas concernés par l’Histoire. Mais pourtant, de temps à autre, l’Histoire pose sa main sur eux." Michel Houellebecq.

Banned
    What next, paparazzi's taking pictures of Michele Obama while in the shower?

If you were to go to Cannes during the Summer, you would see plenty of topless women stretched out in the sun and nobody taking any notice.
    What makes Kate Middleton any different except that she happens to be married to arch hooray William Windsor?
    "L'art de la statistique est de tirer des conclusions erronèes a partir de chiffres exacts." Napoléon Bonaparte.

"Je crois que beaucoup de gens sont dans cet état d’esprit: au fond, ils ne sentent pas concernés par l’Histoire. Mais pourtant, de temps à autre, l’Histoire pose sa main sur eux." Michel Houellebecq.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I can't wait to see 'em. Going to Google now!

Edit: Not bad, but the pictures are so fuzzy they're near pointless. Don't get the big deal, but I never will when it comes to nudity. Just body parts that had the human population has.
    Last edited by Mutatis-Mutandis; 09-15-2012 at 05:46 PM.

Blog Entries
    This would only be interesting if there was something scandalous about the pictures, like giant salami areola.
    "If the national mental illness of the United States is megalomania, that of Canada is paranoid schizophrenia."
    - Margaret Atwood

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Emil Miller View Post
    If you were to go to Cannes during the Summer, you would see plenty of topless women stretched out in the sun and nobody taking any notice.
    What makes Kate Middleton any different except that she happens to be married to arch hooray William Windsor?
    To be fair she was not out in public, she was in a private resort with only her and her husband - the paparazzi managed a picture from a mile away.

So the better analogy would be a man taking a picture of a naked woman while she is in the privacy of her own room and showing off the pictures.

Had she been in a public beach I would have seen nothing wrong with the situation, it would have been her bad judgment. But she was in private, that is where I take umbrage.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I don't think many would disagree with it was wrong to take the picture. I think the larger issue is why it's such a big deal that Kate was sunbathing topless and why it's so "scandalous."

Vietnam, Singapore, Japan, The Middle East, UK, The Philippines & Papua New Guinea.
    Blog Entries
    Which brings us to Prince Harry's glutus maximus.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutatis-Mutandis View Post
    I don't think many would disagree with it was wrong to take the picture. I think the larger issue is why it's such a big deal that Kate was sunbathing topless and why it's so "scandalous."
    Because the (future) king and queen are political figures. They are not actors or entertainers, they are symbolic and political figure heads. I am quite sure it would be scandalous for such pictures of any politician to be published. As I said before, it would be like someone taking a picture of Michele Obama in the shower and publishing it. Sure she is a woman like anyone else BUT

1) It is a gross breach of privacy

2) As a political figure and representative of her nation, it is disrespectful to the nation itself.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MANICHAEAN View Post
    Which brings us to Prince Harry's glutus maximus.
    There the blame was on himself. But to be fair he is not the heir apparent, so he has far less influence and proportionately far more freedom.

Blog Entries
    It sucks for her, now future generations will always have nudie pics of the queen. Imagine if we had topless pictures of when Queen Elizabeth was a young woman.
    "Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun. So once when I was six, I did. At first the brightness was overwhelming, but I had seen that before. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came into focus and for a moment I understood. The doctors didn't know if my eyes would ever heal."
    -Pi

Artist and Bibliophile stlukesguild's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It sucks for her, now future generations will always have nudie pics of the queen. Imagine if we had topless pictures of when Queen Elizabeth was a young woman.

That's an image that could haunt you.
    Beware of the man with just one book. -Ovid
    The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.- Mark Twain
    My Blog: Of Delicious Recoil
    http://stlukesguild.tumblr.com/

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander III View Post
    Because the (future) king and queen are political figures. They are not actors or entertainers, they are symbolic and political figure heads. I am quite sure it would be scandalous for such pictures of any politician to be published. As I said before, it would be like someone taking a picture of Michele Obama in the shower and publishing it. Sure she is a woman like anyone else BUT

1) It is a gross breach of privacy

2) As a political figure and representative of her nation, it is disrespectful to the nation itself.
    Why and how is it disrespectful to the nation? I get that taking the picture and breaching her privacy is disrespectful, but you, among others, seem to think her being "caught" is somehow disrespectful. That's what I don't get.

What I am trying to get it at is why it's such a big deal if you see a nude body. It's just a body. These pictures of Kate Middleton are not degrading, nor should they be embarrassing. There's nothing wrong with sunbathing topless, or even bottomless if a person wants to. It's not undignified. Having "nudie pictures" just shouldn't be that embarrassing--it's only our backwards society, which has made the human body into such a sinful object, that has made it embarrassing. The only legitimate criticism I can think of is her disregarding the danger of skin cancer.

Blog Entries
    I don't think the problem is that she was naked, the problem is that somebody took a photo of her, when she clearly did not want them to.

Blog Entries
    I think it's more depressing that prurience has a commercial value. Who wants to look at a fuzzy photograph anyway? The people who lap this stuff up would be better off paying their penny and peering into a "What the Butler Saw" machine on the pier. At least the pictures would be clearer. Perhaps they should try and get jobs as servants and peer through keyholes. That way they could probably steel her bra and pants too.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast