Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Real Me

Loveneverfails
    I think it does:/ lol. But anyways I'm going to publish another one of my poems and I'm surprised that this poem was actually published in a book.... I at least hope you guys/girls will like it.

Well thank you again I'm suprised to say this because I didnt think that this poem of mine would get published:/ so I want to share it with you guys/girls and I hope you like it.

Blog Entries
    Hi Ruth,...it sounds like Entries in a Poesie-Album, private thoughts with relation to your Life. Well, that is very private and nobody will understand. Sometimes you see a few lines like that in old 19th century Romances, so...what's bad about that ? My advise: don't turn something that flows out of you into "work". Don't chisel every word out of you. Don't turn it over a thousand times. Some folks don't like it ? Well, that's a daisy, hahaha.
    Last edited by crusoe; 09-17-2012 at 02:58 AM.
    Buy the Ticket, take the Ride...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruth Stephenson View Post
    I think it does:/ lol.
    Don't say: I am in pain

Imagine you had to describe pain in every possible way except for just saying it as a fact.
    Before sunlight can shine through a window, the blinds must be raised - American Proverb

Imagine there's a rule or unbreakable law that states you can't express openly how sad or happy you are, your pain or your joy. Then write a poem about a house, a flower, a cat, a banana skin, a cloud, a dustbin, anything at all.

Your poem 'Hurting' shows you can write poetry.

It's promising that you can take our well-meant criticisms with good grace. If you look at the rest of the poems you have posted so far they're littered with platitudes: banal statements or assertions that give the appearance of being profound when they're obviously not.

Try to step back from your emotions in order to look at how you can better portray them so they actually mean something to the rest of us.

And congratulations on getting one published!

H

Blog Entries
    Hi Ruth, I would guess you are quite young, though its all relative, right? Delta gave some good advice here in not saying what you are but how you are. Appreciated poetry tends to be cryptic but not impenetrable. Thats a dodgy ride just there. Its not writing how you would talk or even how you would think but taking somebody into your imagination, your idea, by capturing the essence of it.

Thats that for what its worth.
    best wishes JB

PS when you post lots of poems in one thread, at one time, they are diluted like pure orange with lots of water.

For those who believe,
    no explanation is necessary.
    For those who do not,
    none will suffice.

Loveneverfails
    Yes I'm a young writer Jerrybaldy, and I'm glad to have you people help me to see the mistakes I have made and how I need to fix them have you people ever had poems of yours published? Because I want to be able to accomplish actually writing real poetry, so then I can show my dad

Blog Entries
    I haven't submitted my work and there is diverse opinions about the quality of poetry posted here so when you say real poetry, I'm not quite sure what you mean Ruth!

Your best bet is to read other poets. Well known poets and obscure ones too. Be influenced by their styles and don't be afraid to read the poems posted here either.

Lit-Nutters welcome comments on their work and it will help you to discern what you like and what you don't like in poetic styles

You'll be one of the family before you know it!
    Before sunlight can shine through a window, the blinds must be raised - American Proverb

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12