Buying through this banner helps support the forum!

Thread: How do you express happiness?

How do you express happiness?

Many people interpret and read happiness differently but I am tend read it on someone's face because I notice the changes in the look, youthfull face or change in attitude into a more relaxed lighter one.
    A simple laughter is not always necessarily true of happiness because many laugh out of nervesnouss is simply seeing something really funny.
    Fun is related to happiness and can also be the trigger to the feel good factor the boost of high emotive energetic feelings.
    Routine can be a real deterent to happiness albeit logical in some many other ways because we are creatures of habbit. Striking the right balance between routine and fun can be quite challenging but well worth if done well.
    Happiness is also the ride to longevity and confidence within ourselves.

How do you express or understand happiness?
    Last edited by cacian; 07-25-2012 at 05:29 AM.
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

Blog Entries
    In my case happiness is a range of emotions, I am happy in my life but I am often lonely. Being lonely doesn't change my happiness. You talk of routine and in my case I need a routine most of the time, I don't do well with changes and routine keeps my anxiety in check.

Even though I think I am happy I am still in pursuit and I think that is something that will go on forever and I don't think that is a bad thing. Being happy but hoping for even better things in any way is good I think.

When I was a kid I was not always happy and sometimes very far from it. That is probably what scares me the most, that my son feels the way I did at such a young age.
    I hope death is joyful, and I hope I'll never return -Frida Khalo

If I seem insensitive to what you are going through, understand it's the way I am- Mr. Spock

Personally, I think that the unique and supreme delight lies in the certainty of doing 'evil'–and men and women know from birth that all pleasure lies in evil. - Baudelaire

Hi Helga nice chatting to you again. It is interesting you raise loneliness as a deterent to a happiness which is often just a simple something like watching your child play and interact with other children.
    You mention your childhood that was not always happy any reasons why it was not?
    You also say you are lonely now I hope you do not mind asking you if not just ignore it.
    Last edited by cacian; 07-25-2012 at 07:00 AM.
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

Blog Entries
    I say I am sometimes lonely cause I have been alone for more than two years now and I mainly talk to my son. I don't really like meeting new people so I tend to avoid it at school as much as I can. but it's not always fun being alone every single night.

I don't know why I wasn't very happy as a kid, I always doubted my parents love for some reason and I was a really big daddy's girl and he died when I was almost 9. I remember testing my mom at night, starting to cry and see how long it took her to come to me. I know now that she may not have heard me and probably many other reasons besides it probably seemed longer in my head than it really was. I just don't want my boy to doubt me and wonder if I care for him.

If I seem insensitive to what you are going through, understand it's the way I am- Mr. Spock

Personally, I think that the unique and supreme delight lies in the certainty of doing 'evil'–and men and women know from birth that all pleasure lies in evil. - Baudelaire

Happiness is a state of well-being characterized by emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy. I believe, material comforts have little to do with happiness. When your creative attempts bear fruits, you are happy. A doctor is happy when his treatment makes the patient come round. An artist is happy, when his imagination is executed on the canvass.

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Helga View Post
    I say I am sometimes lonely cause I have been alone for more than two years now and I mainly talk to my son. I don't really like meeting new people so I tend to avoid it at school as much as I can. but it's not always fun being alone every single night.
    I can appreciate that I also avoid talking to too many people when picking up my son from school.
    I don't know why I wasn't very happy as a kid, I always doubted my parents love for some reason and I was a really big daddy's girl and he died when I was almost 9.
    That is very sad because you were quite young and that must have beenn very hard to cope with.
    You don't mention any brothers or sisters are you a only child?

I remember testing my mom at night, starting to cry and see how long it took her to come to me. I know now that she may not have heard me and probably many other reasons besides it probably seemed longer in my head than it really was. I just don't want my boy to doubt me and wonder if I care for him.
    Children are quite clever at testing adults in many ways then none. My son does that to me all the time.
    I am sure your boy is fine and that as long as you are aware of how hard it is to miss people you like and how important it is to be around people you like especially communicating your ideas in a clear concise way then your child will perfectely understand. I tend to communicate better with my son then my partner because children aregreat listener and never judge you ever.
    They are too young for that so do talk to your son and express emotions. I do that with my son.
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

Blog Entries
    I express my happiness through the medium of mime.... and dance... and by pulling faces at myself in the mirror.

(Only one is incorrect)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulclem View Post
    I express my happiness through the medium of mime.... and dance... and by pulling faces at myself in the mirror.

(Only one is incorrect)
    When I read this all I could think of was Frankenstein's monster dancing like a ballerina

[QUOTE=cacian;1157426]
    I can appreciate that I also avoid talking to too many people when picking up my son from school.

That is very sad because you were quite young and that must have beenn very hard to cope with.
    You don't mention any brothers or sisters are you a only child?
    I have two older brothers, five and seven years older than me. We all deal with this in a different way, I think my depression as a teenager was in many ways related to not really coping.

I do appreciate my happiness now more than many around me at least (I think) because it has taken me a lot of time and way to many hours inside my head wandering what is going on in there to get to the place I am right now and I know there is always more stuff going on in there.

this last sentence makes little sense, who cares, I know what I mean.

Blog Entries
    I define happiness as a sort of brief rush of enjoyable excitement that sort of takes you over for a few seconds. I don't get it when people say that they are happy, like that's their state of being. You can't be happy for an extended period of time, the most you can be is content. I tend to express happiness by screaming and/or clenching my fists to my chest.
    "Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun. So once when I was six, I did. At first the brightness was overwhelming, but I had seen that before. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came into focus and for a moment I understood. The doctors didn't know if my eyes would ever heal."
    -Pi

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Helga View Post
    When I read this all I could think of was Frankenstein's monster dancing like a ballerina

Yes - whilst pulling faces. A bit like Juniper's clenching. I tend to do more of a rrrrrrrr rather than a scream.

I save mime for my unappreciated stories.

Blog Entries
    I express happiness by laughing a lot. I love to hang out with good friends, drink, smoke, and laugh. Good times! Although haven't done it in years.

A User, but Registered! tonywalt's Avatar
    Cayman Palms, Cayman Islands, Cayman Islands
    Blog Entries
    I express happiness by singing Ave Maria loudly accompanied with a sort of hybrid dance, incorporating the best of the Robot Dance and the Jitterbug Waltz.

Quote Originally Posted by Buh4Bee View Post
    I express happiness by laughing a lot. I love to hang out with good friends, drink, smoke, and laugh. Good times! Although haven't done it in years.
    Hmm I know exactly how you feel those were the days.
    Must catch up soon.
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

Quote Originally Posted by tonywalt View Post
    I express happiness by singing Ave Maria loudly accompanied with a sort of hybrid dance, incorporating the best of the Robot Dance and the Jitterbug Waltz.
    Me too only I sing and others dance it is easier that way
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

A rural part of Sweden, southern Norrland
    Happiness is to be content, and at peace with the world.