Hello...?

I am not great on introductions or about saying things about myself, So I thought I could plagiarize myself and transform a normal awkward greeting into something more awkward...

Once upon a time, an introduction dedicated to most fairy tales, however unlike fairy tales this story doesn’t have a happy ending… not yet anyway or to romanticize the authors cynicism; not ever.

Where does a story suppose to begin? Is it a recounting of details that has long been done? Is it the invention of the human mind of characters and scenes that exist only in one’s imagination?

It begins with a girl who grew up never wanting the love of a father she only knew for seven years and from a mother who had given up her youth just so she could be born into this world…

It may seem that a normal girl who would grow up in her shoes would either be jaded from the lack of a proper nurturing environment or would grow up to be a fine well-bred, highly skilled young woman who would seek everybody’s affection because she is longing for a father she barely knew however she chose a different path where she combined these two predictions and created her own destiny of a sort.

She was jaded yes and she grew up apathetic to everybody’s approval and indifferent to the fact of growing up without a father… this heroine of sorts had gone through her childhood with a lot more sense of what goes on around her that one cant classify her as a child or just childish!

She went through grade school with a head full of ideas and knowledge that is beyond her years; due to the fact that she was raised in a home where the line of teaching has been thick in their blood and education and educational materials are always to be found. Not to mention she had the constant company of television sets (for there are five of them) at her beck and call.

In the eyes of the other children she was odd. For what child (provided that the child came from a middle class family) would ever posses’ carnal knowledge and a basic understanding of male and female relationships at age eight? Or would read the whole set of the new book of knowledge encyclopedia focusing on astronomy, botany, zoology, mythology, literature, theatre and world history?

No. a normal child would have playmates and played outside, or would be invited to birthday’s by classmates or friends… but she wasn’t a normal child for one thing she doesn’t have playmates; for she was an only child back then and another she doesn’t have friends nor was she invited to birthday parties.

She just stayed at home, with the television, books and the constant squabble with her mother for not doing her chores. Truly for an average reader it was a boring life…

what more so for the girl? She hasn’t had any talent that can classify her as gifted. She lacks the beauty to attract any attention or even the diligence to pursue her studies. She just studied the things she liked, read things she cared about and experimented with household electronics, food, and even plants only to the purpose of destroying them sooner or later.

She grew up in a small town that is never identified whenever it is mentioned. She studied in a private school run by nuns which further secluded her from any exposure to the outside world. It may seem like a boring life, however for this girl it is not so for even when she lacks the making of a heroine she became one of her own accord.

She’s not a vampire or a witch or princess nor would she have a relationship with vampires or werewolves. She was human, or at least I try to make her so. But every time I achieve this she flares up in anger and just go back to doing things her way. It drives me crazy at times but well it is after all her life and I am just documenting it for her.

(excerpt from the diary of a wallflower, written by wallflowerjona )