Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What do you NOT find attractive?

Blog Entries
    So anyway, what I find most unattractive in the opposite gender is the constant need to criticize or nit-pick my quirks. In my younger days, nothing turned me off faster than some opinionated little prick telling me how I should be or how women should behave.
    Last edited by Buh4Bee; 08-12-2012 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutatis-Mutandis View Post
    It's not that it's a solid post or makes legitimate points (it does), I just found it odd that Desolation seemed so offended by what was obviously a jocular post made by one of this forum's most jocular members.
    I got the humor, but I took it in the wrong direction, I think.

Must have been a bit touchy at that moment.

Blog Entries
    I am feeling very open minded these days so I'm just gonna say it would be hard for me to be with smoker and I have found myself looking the other way when I see a cigarette. Not because I am against smoking but because I used to smoke and I always want one.
    I hope death is joyful, and I hope I'll never return -Frida Khalo

If I seem insensitive to what you are going through, understand it's the way I am- Mr. Spock

Personally, I think that the unique and supreme delight lies in the certainty of doing 'evil'–and men and women know from birth that all pleasure lies in evil. - Baudelaire

Account closed.
    Stupid men. And stupid women. Both are equally unattractive. By stupid I mean;
    narrowmindedness and an unwillingness to learn; and that could be about anything.

lovingly in his eyes, snugly in his arms, safely in his heart...
    I do not like haliotosis [bad breath] and body odour!
    Also, insincerity and flattery are unattractive to me...
    "My warm hands have made the paper limp,
    So that its feel reminds me of slept-in sheets: comfortable and safe"

"All these things I say... I say them because I want you to know, I don't ever want to regret afterwards that I didn't say enough, I would rather say too much." ~ Samuel Selvon

Blog Entries
    I don't like dating women who can't get past my supposedly good looks, who can't handle my over-protective nature, and who want to wait until they are in their late 20s, early 30 to have kids. When I meet my future wife I want to get married and have a kid. I don't know if I'll find the right woman here in Canada where it seems they're mostly all focused on their education and careers. I'll probably be single for a very very long time. I am thinking of travelling abroad to teach english. Doing that, in South America or Asia, I might find the young women there more keen on settling down. I'm becoming Catholic, which might help. The Catholic values really appeal to me. In Church last Sunday the talk was on the sacrament of marriage and how important it is.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Dude, Catholic? Are you serious? Did you make a conscious decision to go with the most morally and socially (and criminally) corrupt religion on the planet (Scientology excluded)?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutatis-Mutandis View Post
    Dude, Catholic? Are you serious? Did you make a conscious decision to go with the most morally and socially (and criminally) corrupt religion on the planet (Scientology excluded)?
    If you keep your religion and politics separate like I do then Catholicism is not as bad as many people think it is. The Catholic Church is easy to demonize and I understand the hate it gets, but that hate is often the result of people over-looking the church's many positive contributions to people personally and socially. Faith and family are very important to me. That said, I do not vote according to my faith. Actually I stay right away from politics. I am a-political. Politics stresses me out so much I've come to just avoid thinking about it entirely.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, if that's the path you've chosen and it makes you happy, more power to you my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Tournesol View Post
    I do not like haliotosis [bad breath] and body odour! Also, insincerity and flattery are unattractive to me...
    I do not think anyone does to be honest.
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

Blog Entries
    I guess you don't live with a coffee drinker.

Blog Entries
    I can't stand point scorers. those people who feel they need to get one over you either through humour at your expense or through 'proving' they are your intellectual superior. They suck big time and I don't know if they do this so they can get a hard on or because their mother made them feel insignificant but I stay away from them - except I've got a brother like that but yadda yadda yadda!
    Before sunlight can shine through a window, the blinds must be raised - American Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Buh4Bee View Post
    I guess you don't live with a coffee drinker.
    Hi Buh4Bee I do . He smokes rolling tobacco and drinks white coffee. I do not find it too bad. Do you mean to say black coffee?
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta40 View Post
    I can't stand point scorers. those people who feel they need to get one over you either through humour at your expense or through 'proving' they are your intellectual superior. They suck big time and I don't know if they do this so they can get a hard on or because their mother made them feel insignificant but I stay away from them - except I've got a brother like that but yadda yadda yadda!
    Haha complexity can be aggravating but I do feel a lot of it stem from the lack of confidence within one self.
    Last edited by cacian; 08-30-2012 at 07:13 AM.
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

A User, but Registered! tonywalt's Avatar
    Cayman Palms, Cayman Islands, Cayman Islands
    Blog Entries
    I find women who "act dumb and giggly" a bit much and a little annoying. Well, maybe giggly is ok. But I do meet alot of girls who (even though I know they are intelligent) take on a dum dum persona.

Having said that, alot of my male friends like girls dumber than themselves - I never understood the dynamic.

Needless to say, this does not apply to onlitter babes

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scheherazade View Post
    I should clarify.

I do not mean people who are content with their physical qualities but those who spend hours in front of the mirror as well as a small fortune to "improve" their looks... Those who are obsessive about how others perceive them physically. And that includes excessive physical training as well.

Another thing: People who fuss over food and drink.

I would, of course, like to have good quality but I find it very annoying when people keep talking about how their steak was not perfectly done or how their pasta was over cooked by 30 seconds. Have been out with people who actually sent their food or drinks back and I find it very embarrassing. I don't get it right every time at home myself and if one meal out of thousands in my lifetime does not turn out "just so", I feel it is OK.
    Physical training has a ton of benefits that aren't related to your appearance. If you were interested in strength training or "working out" you would see that while most people do begin with superficial goals (and many will quit without realizing these goals) the immense struggle and discipline required to maintain a great looking/strong physique without the use of steroids leads to strength training becoming something more meditative and complacant. The hours you spend maintaining your strength, health and lustre become part of you. It's a great confidence builder and a good way to prove to yourself that you possess the dedication and willpower that few others do.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast