Buying through this banner helps support the forum!

Thread: making an impression

making an impression

many people feel at some stage or another and for whatever reason that they are to make an impression on other fellow people.
    My way fo dealing with impressions has neve crossed my mind personally unless I am in ''acting mood'' and so would most definetely use words and imagination to sharpen my ideal.

how about you how would you go about it and why?
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

Blog Entries
    It depends, in terms of performance art I want to the exact opposite of what is expected of me.

In terms of the normal life, I don't worry about impressions. My entire being is not limited to one meeting. And I want nothing to do with anyone who thinks they know even the smallest bit of me from a short conversation or an initial glimpse at how I feel at that specific moment.
    "We are animals with problems that no other animal has." - Radam J. Starkiller

Quote Originally Posted by Revolte View Post
    In terms of the normal life, I don't worry about impressions. My entire being is not limited to one meeting. And I want nothing to do with anyone who thinks they know even the smallest bit of me from a short conversation or an initial glimpse at how I feel at that specific moment.
    I feel the same way about this.

Everyone makes judgements based on first impressions, but as long as we stay open minded and realise that first impressions are just that, then we give others the oppurtunity to show who they really are as we get to know them.

Blog Entries
    I agree, one thing I have learned in school in the social aspect is that it is so great when you see someone and make a first call on who and how they are and then to be proved wrong.

but in general I dress the way I think is cool and most people think I am kinda odd because of it but that is mainly because most girls follow trends here on the ice and even the 'not following a trend' really is a trend look.

I just do what I think is best for me and don't really care what anyone else thinks (for the most part at least), and try to be open minded enough to get to know people better than first impressions show.

I don't know what people think of me when they see me but I think I come a bit a cross like Elliot in 'Scrubs' seem confident but am a crazy wreck when you get to know me.
    I hope death is joyful, and I hope I'll never return -Frida Khalo

If I seem insensitive to what you are going through, understand it's the way I am- Mr. Spock

Personally, I think that the unique and supreme delight lies in the certainty of doing 'evil'Ėand men and women know from birth that all pleasure lies in evil. - Baudelaire

I'm a pretty charming, cheerful, enthusiastic person. This is the impression I leave on others, or so I might assume. I can be over-eager, and unconscious of the way I actually do portray myself.

Why do I want to leave this impression? I think it's just natural-- I want to show people who I am, at my best. Particularly if I'm searching for a job.

I want them to see that I'm willing to work hard, and that I have a lot of energy; I'm up for any task.

Unfortunately, I can be a bit of a rebel, and don't like to follow the rules. I'll bend rules and I'll work my own way around them. Same goes with any system. I can't deal with structure for very long-- The initial challenge is what draws me in, and then I fall out when the challenge has been conquered.
    There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are well written or badly written. ~Oscar Wilde.

I don't really care much for first impressions. It's pretty much the same with everything that's been said. One time I had a friend introduce me to someone for the first time and then ask me what I thought of her. All I could say was "She seemed like a nice person." He kept pestering me until I eventually sat him down and told him the same thing I was telling him before. "I can't judge her; I don't know her. Stop asking." It was annoying then, but it's hilarious now... kinda.
    Redemption is held in the hearts of those that are willing, not the sceptres of those who don't believe in giving them that chance. ~ Colton Robinsmith

When winds take forests in their paws
    The universe is still
    ~Emily Dickinson