Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Planner or Wing It

Blog Entries
    Read Haruki Murakami Norwegian Wood. I just finished it and it is one of the best books I have read in a long time. But as for clubs there are, just go to the book club section on the main page.

All are at the crossroads qimissung's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm fairly good about planning work stuff; could be a little better there, but at least I do it and even enjoy it, but at home, that's another story. I dislike it intensely. Really I just end up avoiding getting done the stuff that needs to get done. What do you do when life feels overwhelming???? I try to be happy that I have done one thing.

Also it's true about being able to be flexible. Life is a picnic, might as well enjoy the crumbs!
    "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its' own reason for existing." ~ Albert Einstein
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai
    "Some people say I done alright for a girl." Melanie Safka

Blog Entries
    In terms of travel, I think most people plan as much as they can or are tolerant of planning and then just go. I myself am sick of planning and am just going to go and will be fine. I've planned enough and accept the limitations of my control, so I feel good. The main thing is I have the resources to get myself where I need to go and no time pressure, so why really worry?

All are at the crossroads qimissung's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Absolutely, Buh4Bee. You've done all you can. Now's the time to go with the flow! Besides that Gamla Stan place sounds doable and fun:

http://www.visitstockholm.com/en/To-...amla-stan/1856
    "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its' own reason for existing." ~ Albert Einstein
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai
    "Some people say I done alright for a girl." Melanie Safka

Banned
    Blog Entries
    A bit of both, usually depending on my mood and situation. When doing something recreational, like going to the Zoo, some people like planning everything: "We're going to see the bears first, then the penguins, then the monkeys," etc. I like just going and walking around. Over planning takes the fun out of things. On my recent trip to London and Paris, I think I over planned things. In hindsight, I would have much rather gone to the Louvre and wandered about for a day instead of the long guided tour, even though I probably wouldn't have learned nearly as much.

I dislike details.

I suppose you could say I do both. I have a general guideline, a very loose one, and then I improvise and wing it when things happen.

I'm normally never 'present', though. I'm always thinking about what's going to happen, and all of the ideas and possibilities surrounding that.
    There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are well written or badly written. ~Oscar Wilde.

Inquisitive bloke ClaesGefvenberg's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by tonywalt View Post
    I balance planning and winging.
    Quote Originally Posted by YesNo View Post
    I need just enough plan to understand what has to be done and then I wing it to completion.
    I am on a somewhat similar track to you two: I do plan ahead, often meticulously (my current schedule at work stretches into 2015!), but: I also plan in order to be able to wing it when the situation requires it. I am old enough to know that most plans (particularly the detailed ones) will derail to at least some degree, forcing us to wing it quite often.

Quote Originally Posted by veggiefahmah View Post
    Hi all, this is my first post. Wondering if there are book clubs on this site? I always have trouble deciding what to read next, but book discussions seem to help.
    Tom
    Hi Tom, and welcome to the LitNet. Have a look around here. I'm sure you will find plenty of the kind of discussions you are looking for.

/Claes
    Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

I like to plan everything, but I try to be flexible. I always have a contingency plan in the back of my head. For me it's about priorities. As long as I've done what's important I don't mind if rest is moved to another time.

I like to have a plan. It's like a road map, so I know where I'm going and I know the way, but that also gives me the oppurtunity to go off-plan without getting lost. That's why I love my budget.

I love lists. I have everything on lists. I don't always follow them, but they are like security blankets, hehe. I can be scatter brained, like BookBeauty mentioned. I'm forever day dreaming (and planning) and the lists help me remember and keep track of things.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12