Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: getting up in the morning

Question getting up in the morning

How easy or difficult is it for you to get up?

I am fifity fifty, depending on the sleep I got the night before.
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

Banned
    Horrible, I can literary count on my hand the number of times I have woken before 12 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander III View Post
    Horrible, I can literary count on my hand the number of times I have woken before 12 this year.
    Lazy get!

Hate getting up, really struggle with it every single day. It is made somewhat more bearable with the hotter weather of late but overall it is usually a struggle for me.

before 12!!!! how do you manage that? the rest of the world is up at Five AM usually!!!
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

Quote Originally Posted by Neely View Post
    Lazy get!

Hate getting up, really struggle with it every single day. It is made somewhat more bearable with the hotter weather of late but overall it is usually a struggle for me.
    True it is much easier to get up when it is hot/summer time.
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

Blog Entries
    I'm an annoyingly cheerful riser. In the week it's about 6-6.30 am, as i have lots of chores to do and i need to be at work for between 8 and 8.30.

I have to say though that the edge has been taken off my early rising cheer as I leap from my bed and once more look into the abyss of the future and mentally scratch another mark on the etheric tally chart of my declining years....

A cup of tea usually perks me up again though.

During the week I wake at 5:30 and crawl down the stairs, after 3 cups of coffee I start feeling half human again and then go for a swim before work.
    During the weekend I have a lie in until about 8.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cacian View Post
    before 12!!!! how do you manage that? the rest of the world is up at Five AM usually!!!
    I guess being an idle university student has a lot to do with it. I have few lectures a week, and all of them before 12, I always miss. Also every night there is a party, or poker, or a drinking/smoking session, so most nights I end up in bed when the **** rises. But it is not just me, all of my friends at uni are more or less the same. I suppose we ought to offer some prayers and offerings for the God's who have ensured that the majority of our lectures do not take attendance records.

Depends. In the summer, since I'm out of school, I could lay in bed for hours. However, during the school year, it feels as if the bed is embracing me, whispering to stay in its comforts and forget about my day. It is becoming harder and harder to ignore my beds calls.

I’m a very light sleeper and I usually get up early even on Sundays, though I sleep late at weekend nights.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowqueen View Post
    I’m a very light sleeper and I usually get up early even on Sundays, though I sleep late at weekend nights.
    what's the latest you have slept?
    Last edited by cacian; 05-30-2012 at 11:17 AM.
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

Oh, don't talk about it! I used to be awake very quickly, but then in my mid twenties it all changed. I have changed into my father who can't get out of bed and would sleep all day, if no-one woke him up.

Because my occupation revolves around my living room/office, I get u fairly late every day and it hasn't got better since I use a smartphone... Now I don't even have to get my computer started to check my email...

I wouldn't make it as bad as Alexander, but I do have to confess that some days it's like 11?!

PS: Paul, I HATE cheerful risers! They make you feel so inadequate...
    One has to laugh before being happy, because otherwise one risks to die before having laughed.

"Je crains [...] que l'âme ne se vide à ces passe-temps vains, et que le fin du fin ne soit la fin des fins." (Edmond Rostand, Cyrano de Bergerac, Acte III, Scène VII)

Blog Entries
    I'm usually exactly the same way, except this year. This year I haven't been to university and have been working a weird job so I can count on my hand the number of times I've gone to bed before 12.

Quote Originally Posted by cacian View Post
    what's the latest you have slept?
    I once slept for 21 hours. I was awake for about 72 hours, then I passed out at about 6pm on a sunday and woke up at 3pm on monday. It was a personal record, so I made a note of it.
    Last edited by JuniperWoolf; 05-31-2012 at 07:47 AM.
    "Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun. So once when I was six, I did. At first the brightness was overwhelming, but I had seen that before. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came into focus and for a moment I understood. The doctors didn't know if my eyes would ever heal."
    -Pi

Card-carrying Medievalist Lokasenna's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm very much a morning person. I usually wake up around about 6:30, though it is nice to lie in bed listening to the radio first thing in the morning. I'm always up and about by 7:00 though.
    "I should only believe in a God that would know how to dance. And when I saw my devil, I found him serious, thorough, profound, solemn: he was the spirit of gravity- through him all things fall. Not by wrath, but by laughter, do we slay. Come, let us slay the spirit of gravity!" - Nietzsche

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
    I'm very much a morning person. I usually wake up around about 6:30, though it is nice to lie in bed listening to the radio first thing in the morning. I'm always up and about by 7:00 though.
    Eugh, my friend Rosie is the same way. Nothing keeps you from falling asleep at 5:30 am like an inexplicably happy girl in the kitchen, making coffee and singing along to the radio.

What time do you usually fall asleep, to wake up so early?
    "Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun. So once when I was six, I did. At first the brightness was overwhelming, but I had seen that before. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came into focus and for a moment I understood. The doctors didn't know if my eyes would ever heal."
    -Pi

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast