Thread: Please Edit or change my essay on Romeo and Juliet

Post .......dffff

hihihiji
    Last edited by Laurence72; 05-29-2012 at 11:06 AM. Reason: wrong

Blog Entries
    Done:

Romeo the monkey's love for Juliet the peanut Vs romeos love for Rosaline the banana

In the opening scene Romeo is a monkey. He is in love with a banana named Rosaline. Monkeys love bananas. This is an example of diet. Rosaline. Not only is this love natural, Romeo's love for bananas is biological. He loves bananas but they give him indigestion. Romeo does not tell the other monkeys. Romeo's words for his love for bananas are very sincere and he discusses his love for bananas using sad language "In sadness, cousin, I love a banana." Romeo describes his love for Rosaline in a series of paradoxes "O brawling love, O loving taste" this shows he is hungry and upset, I believe Romeo jas an imature obsession with jam, he is inlove with the idea of jam, he has never met jam therefore his love for her jam only fruit deep

The love romeo and peanuts share for eachother is true love
    it is love at first sight In a very poetic verse Romeo expresses his feeling for peanuts saying they are beautiful “Beauty too rich for use.” Romeo idolizes peanuts and truly loves them. Unlike Romeo immature obsession with Rosaline the banana, Juliet the peanut also returns this love to Romeo when she does not give him indigestion. It is profound and real. It is delicious "But soft! What light through yonder window breaks? / It is the east, and Juliet is the sun!" Here Romeo describes his love in a soliloquy. He describes Juliet the peanut as the sun and Rosaline the banana as the envious moon "Arise, fair peanut, and kill the envious banana.” this shows that he loves peanuts much more than he loves bananas.

Their love for each other is nothing short of a fairytale dinner. It symbloizes everything that a monkey's dinner should be, romantic, passionate and and un-shelfish, Romeo's peanut love was so strong that neither could go on without the other and in the end they make the ultimate sacrifices for each other.
    "Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun. So once when I was six, I did. At first the brightness was overwhelming, but I had seen that before. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came into focus and for a moment I understood. The doctors didn't know if my eyes would ever heal."
    -Pi

Blog Entries

I think the revision would earn a higher grade than the original.
    I wrote a poem on a leaf and it blew away...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Darnay View Post

I think the revision would earn a higher grade than the original.
    Agreed. It may give the teacher a laugh instead of a headache.

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    ~

R e m i n d e r

Please refrain from posting unless you are able to offer some constructive criticism.

~
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Scheherazade View Post
    ~

R e m i n d e r

Please refrain from posting unless you are able to offer some constructive criticism.

~
    In all seriousness, I have to agree with the above responses. I think Juniper is unintentionally on to something: doing the comparison in a comedic format. After all, Shakespeare wrote more comedies than histories or dramas, no?

If the OP does a good analysis, he/she'd win some serious originally points if I was the instructor.

Might be something to consider...

Quote Originally Posted by hawthorns View Post
    In all seriousness, I have to agree with the above responses. I think Juniper is unintentionally on to something: doing the comparison in a comedic format. After all, Shakespeare wrote more comedies than histories or dramas, no?
    There's an idea for a Shakespeare project: Rewrite/summarize a play of one type in the style of another. Do Macbeth as a comedy, or Midsummer Night's Dream as a tragedy, etc. A Tragedy of Errors anyone?
    You must be the change you wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Gandhi

Banned
    Blog Entries
    ~

R e m i n d e r

~
    Does this not go for the OP, too, who offers nothing except "Change my paper"? I thought the OP was supposed to offer thoughts and opinions.

The short answer: No, it doesn't.

Like any other post that does not meet your high standards of critical and/literary consideration, please feel free to ignore it.
    ~
    ~

dubitans
    Romeo's "love" for Rosaline is like most other hypothetical or literary loves, the veracity and depths of which the lover in question feels compelled to doubt.

With Romeo and Juliet, on the other hand, Shakespeare almost seems to anticipate Wagner's treatment of Tristan und Isolde, and their desire for a sort of mutual self-annihilation into a cosmic and eternal unification, i.e., Liebestod. Now that's love!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IntravenousJava View Post
    With Romeo and Juliet, on the other hand, Shakespeare almost seems to anticipate Wagner's treatment of Tristan und Isolde, and their desire for a sort of mutual self-annihilation into a cosmic and eternal unification, i.e., Liebestod. Now that's love!
    Shakespeare did not have to anticipate Wagner. Tristan and Isolde existed long before Wagner, and before Shakespeare. Wagner may have heightened their love, but this is debatable. Tristan and Isolde is considered one model for Romeo and Juliet - as is most Medieval pair of lovers.
    Last edited by Charles Darnay; 05-29-2012 at 08:40 AM.
    I wrote a poem on a leaf and it blew away...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    The short answer: No, it doesn't.

Like any other post that does not meet your high standards of critical and/literary consideration, please feel free to ignore it.
    You've said it yourself that it does, more than once. In one of cacian's threads where she asked a question and nothing more, you posted something along the lines of "The OP must offer opinions and/or thoughts on the subject."

Thanks for the facetious answer, though. Very moderately behavior of you.

Blog Entries
    Hahahaha, holy ****. I've got to not post when I've been drinking. "In sadness, cousin, I love a banana."
    Last edited by JuniperWoolf; 05-31-2012 at 08:30 AM.
    "Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun. So once when I was six, I did. At first the brightness was overwhelming, but I had seen that before. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came into focus and for a moment I understood. The doctors didn't know if my eyes would ever heal."
    -Pi

Quote Originally Posted by Mutatis-Mutandis View Post
    Does this not go for the OP, too, who offers nothing except "Change my paper"? I thought the OP was supposed to offer thoughts and opinions.
    I would have been banned from this Forum long ago had I not been a moderator

We would like OP to offer their views; however, if they have not done so, that should not be a cause to ridicule or hijack the thread. Why not ask them to clarify or elaborate?

Since the OP has decided to "hihihiji", this thread will now be closed.

If you would like to further discuss Shakespeare-Wagner connection, please feel free to start another thread.

Thank you all very much for your contribution
    ~
    ~