I have just started reading this. It has a good opening chapter at least. I am already struggling a bit with some of the vocabulary, despite the explanatory notes. Let me see:
- haggler - itinerant dealer of goods
- lamb's fry - cooked lamb's offal, especially testicles
- black-pot - some sort of peasant dish?
- chitterlings - cooked pig intestines
- ostler - stableman at an inn
- market-nitch - as much alcohol as you can drink after market
- uncabined - unconfined
Nice to have a dialect guide in a book, although "voicing approximately rendered by the syllable UR" is not all that helpful.