Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 91 1234561151 ... LastLast

Thread: How's The Weather?

Blog Entries

Sitting here late at night, rainy weather...

hey I am just sitting at my computer trying to do my history paper, its raining outside, dark and drizley inside, and I am listening to black black heart by david usher. And realizing how many forumers that ae missing here. I just finished reading Koa, leaving thread, and am feeling a little depressed, the mood is just to good for someone to not be depressed.

Ever wonder why people keep at it every day? I mean what is really the driving point of society, I think money is out because to me atleast it seems to be just numbers asociated with my plastic card, kind of worthless you know? I may be rambling but I am not to sure that I care, ever feel like that. Maybe I should just write this down on paper instead of on a forum.

Anyways, I had a bit of a doubt on catholicism, I mean the concept is good but I think that all the pomp and production put on by the clergy and lay people take away from the meaning and make it a big charade.

I think I should try and get some sleep, but life is so different now, nothing is like it was a year or two ago, too much responsibilities, Gotta look after my sisters for a while because my fathers going on a buisness trip to geneva, mom works out of town. Pretty crazy world eh?

Anyways I think I should gget a blog instead of rambling here, but I feel that I can discuss stuff here and get good feedback, not there is much really to feed back on.

---------------
    Stanislaw Lem
    1921 - 2006, Rest In Peace.
    "Faith is, at one and the same time, absolutely necessary and altogether impossible"

No, this forum is much better than a blog, we like to hear your thoughts.
    I'm still here, anyway...well, some of the time. And apparently there were 101 (edit: 181) users on the other day and I missed that? I am very confused as to how that happened. But anyway, I hope things look up for you...we had some heavy rain this morning, but this afternoon the sky looked so much bluer and everything else felt very fresh and clean.
    I hope your history paper goes well. I know how you feel, I wrote a seven-page paper on the first fourteen chapters of The Prince last weekend, though I don't know that yours isn't way longer than that. Put on some happy music and jump on your bed in the morning, it'll make you feel better.
    Last edited by nome1486; 09-16-2004 at 12:18 AM.
    Arnold Bros. (est. 1905) has spoken!

fated loafer
    Stanislaw I concurr with nome that this is much better than a blog, besides nobody reads blogs, I had never even heard of them until just now and had to ask my roomate what it was.

You want to know why people keep going? Becuase we have this sick innate idea that things will get better. And as for the driving point of society I beleive, or would like to believe that it is to continue on as we have, avoide change as long as we have it good, avoide reality and in all probability the truth, and latch onto inadequate answers to the universe in an attempt to bring about the semblance of hope.

Blog Entries
    I think I should move to mexico and become a mercinary. That would make alot more sense then this country.

Anyways I feel alot better today. Watched Quigly Down Under, that movie always cheers me up.

---------------
    Stanislaw Lem
    "Faith is, at one and the same time, absolutely necessary and altogether impossible"

Blog Entries
    wow...181. that's huge.
    i think we keep going so we can come to moments like yours, Stanislaw, the why??? of it all, the gloomy beautiful nights that make us wonder why where and how everything fits, from us on this little planet to the stars in the sky. and maybe society keeps us from feeling all alone here in the middle of nowhere.
    re: blogs...well, i have a 20-30 saved in favorites (all food), but only look at them about once a week. so by all means start one, but post here too, 'k?
    shh!!!
    the air and water have been here a long time, and they are telling stories.

Blog Entries
    (this re-posted itself.)
    Last edited by amuse; 09-17-2004 at 08:42 PM.
    shh!!!
    the air and water have been here a long time, and they are telling stories.

Blog Entries
    I don't think I could leave if I tried, too much fun.

---------------
    Stanislaw Lem

Stormy Weather

"Do not fear death so much, but rather an inadequate life."
    Bertolt Brecht 1898 – 1956

The following really puts life in perspective...

“About suffering they were never wrong,
    The Old Masters; how well, they understood
    Its human position; how it takes place
    While someone else is eating or opening a window or just walking dully along;”
    Musée des Beaux Arts W.H. Auden

As people around the globe suffer the hugely destructive forces of Nature, we do well to remember that the greatest share of pain is not the burden only of those captured by the News industry’s cameras. Lives are lost and landscapes devastated by the raw and brutal energy of these terrifying natural forces. With all the news on television about the hurricanes that America experienced, the typhoons in China, flooding in Switzerland and recent mudslides in South America, we shouldn't forget that the UK has its share of devastating weather too.

Attached is a photo illustrating the damage caused to my friend's home near London from the freak storm that tore through it last night.

Look at the photo and realise how lucky you are. It really makes you cherish what you have and reminds us never to take things for granted.

Take care of yourselves and be safe.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73...orm_Damage.jpg

May everyone be safe and sound at any place. Natural disasters often scare me off. Earthquake in Pakistan, Tsunami, Rita, Katrina and now these storms, they are enough to piss me off. *shudders*

Now, even I am staring to have dreams about natural disasters.
    I sang of leaves, of leaves of gold, and leaves of gold there grew.

rat in a strange garret Whifflingpin's Avatar
    What a terrible wind (up)

Voices mysterious far and near,
    Sound of the wind and sound of the sea,
    Are calling and whispering in my ear,
    Whifflingpin! Why stayest thou here?

Quote Originally Posted by Whifflingpin
    What a terrible wind (up)
    Do you ever stand around cinemas armed with a sign telling people how the film ends?

It’s not a wind up, it’s just something that made me laugh. Unfortunately, the punch line has to be clicked so some responses will carry the assumption that I was being my usual pompous self.

rat in a strange garret Whifflingpin's Avatar
    "Do you ever stand around cinemas armed with a sign telling people how the film ends?"

Not yet, though it may come to that.

I laughed out loud too, but my response fell with all the subtlety of a well-honed mud pie.

(Actually, now you remind me, I did stand outside a cinema once with a sign. A bunch of us students performed the St George play outside the cinema in Exeter, each carrying a sign to tell what character we were. The police moved us on, 'cos they thought we were a demonstration.)

Voices mysterious far and near,
    Sound of the wind and sound of the sea,
    Are calling and whispering in my ear,
    Whifflingpin! Why stayest thou here?

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar

How is the weather today?

It is snowing again today! Second day in a row! It is such a delight in the UK, where we hardly get to experience different seasons properly (Here there are cloudy or cloudier / rainy or rainier days).

I feel like going out and dancing!

How is the weather where you live?

BBC World Weather Centre
    Last edited by Scheherazade; 02-24-2006 at 05:43 AM.
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

Blog Entries
    It's cold and windy, I rather stay inside today, but I have to go out or the dog will give me that look. Better take him for a walk
    There is no darkness, there is no light, there is only Lasagne!

I'm a shadow of myself adilyoussef's Avatar
    The weather? Oh you mean that cold outside that from time to time is raining these days. What can I say; it's cold.

Oh! life you'r but hell
    Oh! hell you'r but in me
    When I'v lost your love
    I'm lost in an ocean of destiny

Page 1 of 91 1234561151 ... LastLast