Buying through this banner helps support the forum!

Thread: Beef wellington.

Vietnam, Singapore, Japan, The Middle East, UK, The Philippines & Papua New Guinea.
    Blog Entries

Beef wellington.

Beef Wellington
    Is there anyone who can help regards how to effectively get the various layers of; ham, pate, mushroom mix and pastry around a beef fillet joint in order to make this dish?
    Thank you in advance
    M.

You shake Napoleon Bonaparte and the mix falls and is ready.

Vietnam, Singapore, Japan, The Middle East, UK, The Philippines & Papua New Guinea.
    Blog Entries
    Never knew you were on Masterchef cafolini !!!!

Blog Entries
    I’ve been tossing and turning all night worrying about my duxelles. Although it is only one aspect of this classic dish, the variables seem to be overwhelming.
    Take for example the mushrooms. One is torn between; button, Portobello (with the stems and gills removed before chopping), dried porcini soaked in hot water to soften and Gordon Ramsey’s distinct recommendation of chestnut mushrooms. What would you advise based on your own endeavours with this recipe?
    Then there is the contumacious issues as to whether the addition of blanched spinach is overwhelming or one should simmer the mix in red wine or a teaspoon of double cream!

Clinging to Douvres rocks Gilliatt Gurgle's Avatar
    While you flounder in the pate waiting for expert help, I'll step up and offer my inclinations based on speculative imagination infused with a glaze of Wild Turkey and club soda.

Mushrooms: I'm narrowing the choice down to the Portobello or the dried porcini. If you go with the Portobello, cut the stems but keep the gills-you want the mushroom to "breath". The advantage of the dried porcini, if sliced thin enough, lends itself to layering rather than going through the labor of chopping.

Spinach: "...should simmer the mix in red wine or a teaspoon of double cream!" < that sounds pretty damn good to me. The fact that you added the exclamation point tells me you were leaning toward that option anyway.

Hopefully someone who has actually made this concoction will chime in.
    Good luck.
    "Mongo only pawn in game of life" - Mongo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKRma7PDW10