Thread: Need prayer(s) for the dying

Need prayer(s) for the dying

Apparently treatment of my aunt's cancer hasn't gone as hoped, and now it's just a matter of (not much) time. She has requested prayers for her and her husband, so I'm turning to you all for help. If any of you know any good prayers (i.e. more depth and substance than generic Hallmark sentiment) for someone needing the strength to face imminent death, or a hopeless situation in general, please post them. I'll pass them along with huge thanks.
    You must be the change you wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Gandhi

We all expected to have more time, but my aunt was suddenly overcome last night and passed away in the hospital. We're all a bit stunned, but where cancer is concerned, to be able to be active until literally your last day of life, not seeing the end coming, can only be considered a blessing.

I was going to ask the mods to go ahead and delete this thread, but it occurred to me that it might be good to keep as a place for people to post for others' benefit verses or inspirational writings they find/have found valuable.

And to the person who PMed me, thanks again, and you may want to post that info here also.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I'm sorry to hear that, Calidore. Cancer is a *****. I've dealt with skin cancer seven times now, I think. I've lost count. Each time I've caught it soon enough so a surgical procedure was enough to take care of the problem, but I have no illusions; it's going to take me eventually--it's a matter of time. Hopefully it'll be a long time.

I don't want to make this about me, but I do know what it's like, in my own way. Even the most harmless skin tumor turns into a stomach sinking diagnosis when the word "cancer" is attached to it.

As cliched as it sounds, I think my mindset as fighting cancer. I get pissed at it, try to get in the mindset that it won't beat me. It's worked so far. Unfortunately that mindset is what gets me the most infraction points around here . . . I guess it bleeds through into my posts.

Blog Entries
    Sorry for your loss. I looked at this thread a number of times, but couldn't think of any words or verses.

I think death often leaves you feeling: what can you say?

I'm very sorry for your loss. Cancer is a b.....
    Glad for your sake it was not drawn out.

I also saw this thread but could not find the words.

Again, my condolence to you and your family.
    shad·ow ing

Thanks much, all.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulclem View Post
    Sorry for your loss. I looked at this thread a number of times, but couldn't think of any words or verses.

I think death often leaves you feeling: what can you say?
    Pretty much. Though I think when it's our turn, we all hope that someone will come up with the perfect profound and comforting thing.

Mutatis: I've read your blog post on your condition, and I hope a cure is found. Meantime, just keep being as attentive as you have been, and hopefully it'll always be caught in time. I do admire your strength.

Job
    Ecclesiastes