Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: the holy ghost/the holy spirit

Quote Originally Posted by stephofthenight View Post
    I'm not one to engage in the "bashing fest" and "demeaning debates" that tend to happen on the religion thread here, But would love to help you in any way I can as this is something I to struggled with and I struggle to teach my youth group to their understanding. You are welcome to Pm me anytime. But I would leave you with this concept. If we could put God in a box, and say we know everything about him and have him 100% figured out Would he really be God?
    I don't want to sound demeaning in any way to you. But debates are useless, this I agree on. As for bashing, I don't think so. Just some tussle back n forth. As for needing help with scripture I leave that to the Spirit.

I'm not sure if the "you" meant I as far as needing help? Since you posted without any quotations. What I do say is, we all struggle with God because of our sinful nature. Once we recognize we have such a nature, God opens Himself up to us.

As for only begotten; are you suggesting God has more than one Son? I find no support for that thesis.

It's early and my brain is not working in full force, so excuse my demeanor.

As for Bible cc, it is a great place, and I recommend it myself.
    Last edited by ShadowsCool; 05-16-2012 at 07:38 AM.
    shad·ow ing

Not politically correct Pendragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowsCool View Post
    So am I supposed to just shake this off and deny my own faith? Not in a million years.
    A thousand times NO You should not deny your own faith! I was just wondering about your knowledge of what the Qur'an teaches, was it from personal knowledge or what someone else said. You seem to have personal knowledge of where it contradicts the Bible, which should be the Christian's Solid Rock upon which to build our lives to the glory of Jesus Christ. God bless you!

Pen

Quote Originally Posted by stephofthenight View Post
    I'm not one to engage in the "bashing fest" and "demeaning debates" that tend to happen on the religion thread here, But would love to help you in any way I can as this is something I to struggled with and I struggle to teach my youth group to their understanding. You are welcome to Pm me anytime. But I would leave you with this concept. If we could put God in a box, and say we know everything about him and have him 100% figured out Would he really be God?
    Great point Steph. I when we believe that we have God all figured out, we can be sure that we are treading on dangerous ground. Isa.55

[8] For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
    [9] For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

2Cor.10

[7] Do ye look on things after the outward appearance? If any man trust to himself that he is Christ's, let him of himself think this again, that, as he is Christ's, even so are we Christ's.

He never said we'd understand, He said believe. Heb.11

[6] But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

God bless

Pen
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie
    But it's all just the way
    that we cope with our lives...

Blog Entries
    Deuteronomy 29:29
    The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but those things which are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    Great point Steph. I when we believe that we have God all figured out, we can be sure that we are treading on dangerous ground. Isa.55

[8] For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
    [9] For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

2Cor.10

[7] Do ye look on things after the outward appearance? If any man trust to himself that he is Christ's, let him of himself think this again, that, as he is Christ's, even so are we Christ's.

He never said we'd understand, He said believe. Heb.11

[6] But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

God bless

Pen
    Les Miserables,
    Volume 1, Fifth Book, Chapter 3
    Remember this, my friends: there are no such things as bad plants or bad men. There are only bad cultivators.

I need to calm down when It comes to God. I admit sometimes I get all rallied up. Thanks guys!
    shad·ow ing

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    A: Discussion of any and all faiths and spiritualities, and religious and or sacred texts is encouraged here, but please remember to respect the beliefs of others.
    Respect the fact that someone might not agree with you.
    Respect the fact that there are others with different points of view.
    Respect the fact that people are entitled to post their opinion as long as it is done in a way that is not inflammatory or disrespectful to others.
    Respect the fact that there are members here representing myriad faiths, religions and spiritualities.

B: These forums are not here for preaching, or attempts to convert, nor promote other religiously affiliated websites.
    http://www.online-literature.com/for...ad.php?t=15410
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

OK my friends:

I have read the Qur'an and while I disagree with most of it, I have found points and scriptures with which I do agree.

The Love of God be with you both, I would be honored to call each of you friend.

God bless

Pen
    Thanks for prays. thank God that shadowscool also cooldown or calmdown

i dont beleive you pen that u have read the Quran, one of the apparent reason is that during the discussion about the reasons and arguments for the existence of God, i asked " did u read the book which i shared with u guys ?" u said yes. i asked u what was the argument presented in and u replied with a pray of Muhammad PBUH taken from the start of the thread, and the reason about the Design of this universe. both are not from the book.

God bless u too , and everyone who is in this network and in the world, and passed by, and will come.

Regards
    Last edited by usman.khawar; 05-18-2012 at 07:21 AM.
    Rab e adkhilni Mudkhla Sidqnw wa akhrijni mukhraja sidkanw wja alni milla dunka Sultananasira!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by usman.khawar View Post
    i don't believe you pen that u have read the Qur'an,
    I have been kind and respected your belief, "there is no God but the true God; and Mohammed is His prophet.". I do object to being called a liar on a public forum. If I am wrong, I accept correction on misquotes. I do not insult you in any way, and I would appreciate your doing the same.

If you ask me about the Qur'an, and I misquote, it has been a long time, probably 20 years ago since I read it, and my memory isn't what it once was. I am, after all, past 50. I may quote wrong, in these things I have asked for correction if I do, from you as a Muslim, from any Christian, or from any of the Jewish faith. If I am wrong on scripture, correct me.

Do not let such things come between our friendship. I would not have bothered with my last post if I wasn't concerned about arguments causing wounded feelings. Now, it seems I should not have ever posted here...

And yet "May Allah smile upon you always."

Pen
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie

Blog Entries
    This is for all of my LitNet friends whom I have talked to on this thread.

I do not often join in Religious discussions here, because of the inevitability of strong disagreements leading to bruised feelings and often petty and hurtful remarks flying in both directions. We are here to learn from each other, not to fight.

Since I seem to be the cause of usman.khawar's righteous indignation, I will post here no more. If any want to ask me an opinion on anything we have discussed here, feel free to send me a PM.

God richly bless you all, Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Atheist, Agnostic, Hindu, Pagan, or other religion. I am proud to know you all.

Farewell

Pen
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie

Since I seem to be the cause of usman.khawar's righteous indignation, I will post here no more. Pen
    no pen , i have no anger for you my dear.. if u dont post in this thread, i'll not as well.. accept my apology if i hurt ur feelings. i have already ended the conversation in this thread by saying that its ok we'll wait for dooms day or when we will be in grave for the answer.

May my Allah turns ur ,and all people who really have sincerity in their heart for God, fears in peace, frustrations in happiness.

Regards...
    Last edited by usman.khawar; 05-18-2012 at 01:10 PM.
    Rab e adkhilni Mudkhla Sidqnw wa akhrijni mukhraja sidkanw wja alni milla dunka Sultananasira!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234