Thread: Alliteratively challenging

Alliteratively challenging

Hey all.

I originally posted a version of this in the wrong place when I joined the forums.
    Since then I have refined it to (almost) be punctually sound, and most of all INTERESTING!

I also tried my hardest to only use words once, and if used again it would be in a different form (adjective, then adverb later)

It's my biggest alliteration attempt ever, and is all about the letter P.

Post yours here if you have any. If we could make the complete alphabet that would be mind blowing, and most definitely worth publishing (imagine that, huh?)

And here it is:

Paranoid, parabolic, paraplegic patients plunge painfully. Pliers persistently pull/push, pinching potentially permutating polyps prevalently perched past pelvic passageways. Pustulant pimple provoking plethoras progressively protrude posterior perimeters. Philosophy pupils practice positively, "Persuading Parasites: Powerful Projections"-Peter P. Pythagoreus. Perpetually perturbed pistils pass Pike's Peak. Porously potent porcelain propellants postpone pathophobic pre-natal paralysis. Propaganda punishes; preposterously profiting phonie Prophets' paradromic preaching. Piercingly pitched paralogicisms personified per phonetic poetic phrase. Pretty pathetic. Platonic prehistoric, philosophically profound pop-art poster plagues. Preformed prostate probing prosthetics proposing patriarchal prospectus. Phantasms: phantom pranksters pilfering partially processed proofs - proven productions preceding pressed papyrus. Pergatory's paradigm parables proceed. Pre-set printing presses produce parchments promoting Pandora's propositions. Putrid paedophage, premeditating philanthropist palmarious poop. Profound paragraphs profusely plagiarised, parliamentary piracy prematurely prompts population panic. Protective populous parties prepare. Plundering protesters pan, people partial - paralogise, praying/pleading powerlessly. Prehensile power pressing politicians propagate poisonous proprietary policies; pooling powerful production plans, positioned perfectly, preventing precious pending patents. Purple packages precipitate paranormal phenomenon (periodically). Polymorphing problems pause. Planets propel peculiar photons. Parakinesis performers pulse pyramids proudly. Panegyry parties pandemically popularised. Pisces people progressively perform profound plights, professional prowess prominantly prevailant. Porphyry's pitiful peirastic paraphrase, "Plutonian Polymorphosis" proposes probable phenomenalist pairing. Predictable paradoxical patrons persistently play polka-poker; pagans persevere pointless political prejudice. Popularity prefigured parody presents, "Pirates!: Peg-legged pipe-dancers", poorly parented pretenders poverty personally produced. Plastic police performers prance parading proudly, presumably prominently prostitutes poaching promiscuous participants. Postmen pass parcels pinching packets, perusing private possessions people posted. Poorly postured patrons poltroonly play pathicly, pathomaniac personalities. Pulling, pushing, picking, packing - perfect perpendicular pillars, placement precisely particular. Painted pastel pallet patterns provide psychological praetorian pressures, pronouncing predisposed personal preferences, preventing progressive pursuits, postponing preliminaries. Pre-packaged powerless, predefined people programmed, prone, placid, pointless, partitioned personality prisons. Predictive pataphysical processes prohibited.
    Prismatic polygons pirouette prolapsing pentagrams, proportionately parallel, pushing pigmented pulses past (positively) polarised parallelograms. Proposing pricey perfumes pull persuasively, propelling passionate pleads, passes, pouting plus personal promoting. Prophetically plan projects, prioritise, proclaim points passively. Previous partners produce potential problems, preferably press pause. Paradise provides possibilities, paint primed picturesque predilections, pristinely pictured prettiness prevalently posts promise. Preparation prevails, pastures provide prosperity, perpetual progression placates permanently. Please prevent perverted pondering publication, playing patiently pays. Professionally prescribe pleasure, procure profound procreational productivity. Perfecting paramount precursors, pinpointing potential predators, peacefully pledging premonitions. Patefaction pre-emptively provides pure-form pacifism.
    Last edited by slipee; 04-20-2012 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Error

Inexplicably Undiscovered
    next door to the lady in the vinegar bottle
    Blog Entries
    Guess noone can say you haven't minded your "p's"; we'll reserve judgment on your "q's."

Your Piece is sort of a one-note (or one-letter) joke; there's more to alliteration than merely jotting down a list of words all beginning with the same letter.
    Last edited by AuntShecky; 04-20-2012 at 03:33 PM.

Justifiably inexcusable DocHeart's Avatar
    I have to agree with Aunt about the meaning and function of alliteration, but I seriously find this part irresistible:

Predictable paradoxical patrons persistently play polka-poker;

Keep having fun

Best,
    DH
    Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine...

Blog Entries
    I imagine this was both challenging and fun for you so I would be inclined to pop it into Forum Games and invite other members to take up the challenge starting from A right through to Z!
    Before sunlight can shine through a window, the blinds must be raised - American Proverb

Oh I admit it's not a pretty passage. I mainly went for mass and tried to keep it somewhat coherent. It was a struggle restricting myself to P and P only, and many lines have no message in them whatsoever. There is the odd gem in there amidst it all though, three or so lines I was pleased with anyhow.

I might put it into forum games like you suggested, Delta40, but I might reduce it to just a few lines.
    Cheers-

[...wilting willows watched while we wandered, wondering why we'd waste away with worry... ...waving with westerly winds they whistle, willing a waltz into our weary wayward walk...
    ...the wealth of well-being washes the weight of our wants away, whispering warmly while wrapping us with weightlessness where we may finally unwind. We were never without our wisest wishes...
    ...wistfully we wait without the woes of a working day war, wishing that we will never wander the winding way back to where we wither like wood-piles within a white winter's wrath. Woe is me, woe this wind which now whisks us away wildly, writing our winces and whimpers back into the working-class world...]

Oh btw thanks, DocHeart.

I personally like, "Prehensile power pressing politicians propagate poisonous proprietary policies; pooling powerful production plans, positioned perfectly, preventing precious pending patents."

And also, "Postmen pass parcels pinching packets, perusing private possessions people posted"

They actually reflect reality somewhat imo.

And yes, always in the name of fun.

Lol. This is a poem best spoken in front of an audience (just remember to provide raincoats for those in front... aw, aw, aw, PETUNIA !).

Ta ! (short for tarradiddle),
    tailor STATELY
    tailor

who am I but a stitch in time
    what if I were to bare my soul
    would you see me origami

7-8-2015