Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dirty Little Secrets

Blog Entries

Dirty Little Secrets

What little things do you do that you are embarrassed to admit, but do them anyway?

Here's an example:

I litter out my car window, in parking lots, and even in state parks. I get a sick gratification from littering. It's illegal and very bad for the environment, but I still do it.

I like to stick gum under desks in public places. No way? Yes, I love to do it!

So you're the one?! Arghhhhh!

This reader's secret: last Friday, he lied to himself. He said he was just going for a walk. He walked directly to a place that makes hot dogs and bought one. Just a little walk, huh? Then he kept walking until he ate the whole hot dog. What a coincidence! He stopped at a pizzeria that sells pizza by the slice... may as well go in, it must be destiny!

Suffered a tummy ache all night for that excess.

J

Blog Entries
    I watch Japanese cartoons. None of this English dubbed crap either, I watch them with subtitles. I also speak a lot of Japanese, which I learned for the purpose of being able to watch cartoons without straining my eyes.

For God's sake, don't tell anyone I know.
    Last edited by JuniperWoolf; 12-12-2011 at 01:17 AM.
    "Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun. So once when I was six, I did. At first the brightness was overwhelming, but I had seen that before. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came into focus and for a moment I understood. The doctors didn't know if my eyes would ever heal."
    -Pi

Skol'er of Thinkery The Comedian's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JuniperWoolf View Post
    I watch Japanese cartoons. None of this English dubbed crap either, I watch them with subtitles. I also speak a lot of Japanese, which I learned for the purpose of being able to watch cartoons without straining my eyes.

For the love of all that's holy! How shameful! I suppose your next confession will be about your dedication to a Pokemon forum. . .
    “Oh crap”
    -- Hellboy

Quote Originally Posted by Buh4Bee View Post
    What little things do you do that you are embarrassed to admit, but do them anyway?

Here's an example:

I litter out my car window, in parking lots, and even in state parks. I get a sick gratification from littering. It's illegal and very bad for the environment, but I still do it.

I like to stick gum under desks in public places. No way? Yes, I love to do it!
    Littering is not just bad for the environment but it is also bad for other people because it spoils their enjoyment in a given space.
    One might get gratifications out of things is fine but do you think it is a fair a thing to go about it because it affects other people?
    Just a thought.

Do Japanese names mean something?
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

A User, but Registered! tonywalt's Avatar
    Cayman Palms, Cayman Islands, Cayman Islands
    Blog Entries
    I let my dog bark at people I don't want in my neighborhood while walking him and do not correct him. He is little but he has a perfect pitched Baritone bark.

These people are not big dog lovers and furthermore get a tidy fright from him (even those he's a little dog). I have a demonic grin on me after they go past me
    Last edited by tonywalt; 12-12-2011 at 12:39 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Comedian View Post
    For the love of all that's holy! How shameful! I suppose your next confession will be about your dedication to a Pokemon forum. . .
    Haha, ever heard of 4chan?

Quote Originally Posted by cacian View Post
    Do Japanese names mean something?
    Occasionally. Some people in Japan are of the family name "Okami," which basically means "this person is badass." It literally means "wolf" and has a lot of history. Anyone familiar with the name would recognize it for it's associations. There's a fighter in the UFC who changed his name to Okami to intimidate other Japanese fighters (or just to look cool, whatever).
    "Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun. So once when I was six, I did. At first the brightness was overwhelming, but I had seen that before. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came into focus and for a moment I understood. The doctors didn't know if my eyes would ever heal."
    -Pi

Blog Entries
    It's a terrible thing.

Blog Entries
    I have a bunion. I've named him Paul and when he hurts I say nice things to make him feel better.

Blog Entries
    Come now Mother, you can do better than that. hehehe.

Blog Entries
    Okay... I have a student that makes a face like she smells something bad all the time. It's a face that shows her stinky attitude. She uses that face when she tattles or complains about how she doesn't want to do whatever it is we're doing. I ask her if she smells something bad and when she says no I say she looks like she smells something bad. I should be ashamed.

Blog Entries
    Not really a secret, but I blurt out things that I really should keep in my head - must stop doing that. Also I say inappropriate things, Like "oh well, that's life eh?" to a widow at her husband's funeral, who had told me of her pain and grief.
    ay up

In this day and age, a public mens room will often feature urinals, soap dispensers, and faucets that are all activated by motion sensors. It's pretty much unavoidable that a visit to such an automated restroom will go just as the designers had hoped if the visitor has any interest at all in the proposition.

However, it might still happen that a public mens room will feature manually flushed urinals, and/or a sink with faucets that require the physical touching of them, as well as the dubious availability of soap within the hand-operated mechanism of a dispenser--or perhaps even an outright and obvious absence of soap. In such situations, I might very well forgo the manual flushing, and perhaps not test the functioning of the faucets and soap dispensers.

In between these contrasting scenarios, there are, I suppose, shades of gray.
    Last edited by billl; 12-14-2011 at 05:36 AM.

Occasionally. Some people in Japan are of the family name "Okami," which basically means "this person is badass." It literally means "wolf" and has a lot of history. Anyone familiar with the name would recognize it for it's associations. There's a fighter in the UFC who changed his name to Okami to intimidate other Japanese fighters (or just to look cool, whatever).
    Okami..Interesting concept indeed.
    Thank you for that.
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

Blog Entries

My son is studying Japanese at Uni. My daughter will be taking her GCSE (16 year old's qualification) next summer. They are really into it. When I went to see my son recently for his birthday they both took me to a sushi bar called Yo Sushi. It was ok, though they didn't have chips.

The literature comics and games are good. There was a playstation game called Okami that my son has.

Quote Originally Posted by prendrelemick View Post
    Not really a secret, but I blurt out things that I really should keep in my head - must stop doing that. Also I say inappropriate things, Like "oh well, that's life eh?" to a widow at her husband's funeral, who had told me of her pain and grief.
    I'm similar. My wife is often at pains to warn me not to mention stuff around certain people because I too am an undisciplined blurter.

Did you get a swift one into the ribs? I've developed an extra layer of skin at punch height.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast