Thread: Read it or not, Thank you.

Read it or not, Thank you.

Years have come and years have gone, and yet here I still am, waiting for a miracle that will never happen. Watching my acquaintances come and go with the times, while I slowly rot away into a cave of loneliness. And while many may ask, ‘Why do you insist on living in such a manner?’, I know it is simply because they do not understand the many subtleties that can make or break a person. It has been a long time since I felt happiness, and even a longer time since I can remember making someone else happy. And yet, I live on, with no apparent reason to validate my existence. Because I know that with every step I take, every decision I make, I’m one step closer-miniscule as that step may be-to finding a meaning in life. Because I know that this sadness-enduring as it has been- cannot possibly dominate my entire life. Because I know that in the end, I will find happiness. And as short-lived as it may be, it will be enough to make myself content for the remainder of my years. And so it is with these words that I bid you all farewell, with not a doubt in my mind that I will find a meaning to life. And that I will succeed in achieving what we all seek: A Sublime Existence.

Banned
    I really liked it, maybe bevause it is somewhat similar to my writings, but i realy liked it nonetheless. The begining is especialy strong. But i think there is a lack of concretness, the words thoughts and sentiments are very vague, and there out to be at least something precise and concrete to sort of serve as an anchor for the peice, otherwise when reading it the reader might easily drift away.

Thanks Man, I'm currently 14 and trying to improve my writing skills, and all advice is greatly appreciated. Once again, thanks a bunch.

Banned
    considering the fact that you are 14, I am am very impressed. At 14 my iterests were completley elsewhere from literature, I doubt I knew how to even use a comma at the time.

Thanks, but I know I still have a long, LONG way to go

That's quite a sad, moving piece of writing. Does it reflect how you feel in real life? I'm glad there is hope for finding happiness at the end.

I think it's good to write sad things sometimes, it can help to externalise your thoughts.

Blog Entries
    I like how the cold wind engulfs you but you write till you find a glimmer of hope. What strength you have inside of you that perhaps you don't quite realise at your age. Always use writing as a friend!
    Before sunlight can shine through a window, the blinds must be raised - American Proverb

Thankfully, no. I'm actually quite happy in real life. This fragment is just one of those that come upon me at random times, and i just write it down. Thanks for inquiring though. And I concur with your opinion that writing sad things sometime help you externalise your thoughts.

I liked it so much! Thanks for sharing!