Thread: Need some help with my essay please

Need some help with my essay please

For those who have read the stories "Good Country People" by Flannery O'Connor and "Dry September" By William Faulkner. I have to write a paper comparing the two and I'm choosing to use theme to compare. So do you think that a theme something along the lines of "Life is black and white for the characters" would work? Or does anyone have any other themes that these two stories share? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by lunalovealot View Post
    For those who have read the stories "Good Country People" by Flannery O'Connor and "Dry September" By William Faulkner. I have to write a paper comparing the two and I'm choosing to use theme to compare. So do you think that a theme something along the lines of "Life is black and white for the characters" would work? Or does anyone have any other themes that these two stories share? Thanks!
    "Life is black and white" is not really a theme. You'd need to rephrase that so it sounds more academic and less casual. Maybe "The characters are single-minded/view the world simplistically/something along those lines".