Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Some Good Advice

See, there you go playing dictator of meanings again, thinking that everyone is obligated to only understand words in the way you understand them. Can I ask: exactly how long have you been God?
    "As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light of meaning in the darkness of mere being." --Carl Gustav Jung

"To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due." --Neil Gaiman; The Sandman Vol. 4: Season of Mists

"I'm on my way, from misery to happiness today. Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh" --The Proclaimers

My poem is,of course, a perfect example of non reductive thinking.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vagantes View Post
    The other three points you can deduce from my answer.

Your question are themselves reductionist.

All readers rewrite what they read. But, what you read comes from the writer. Do not burden the text with your baggage or what you believe to be the baggage of the writer.
    So essentially you've reduced my willingness to expand on my own personal learning by
    a) asking you to be more specific
    b) go into more detail about statements you made without any detail,

You've reduced my enquiring mind to nothing more than baggage.

I do however appreciate your assumptions about my abilities to make deductions from your uninformative replies.

On this basis, I would conclude that it is important to you as a self-proclaimed artist to maintain that belief at all costs, place all responsibility entirely on the reader in regard to your 'work' with the expectation that at some point they must have the same meeting of the mind with you and to not lose sight of the fact that at all times you be given respect, yet feel you are somehow entitled to insult and ridicule those who threaten that which you so desperately need to hold onto.

Having said this, I have no intention of engaging in further discussion with you on any matter. That is my intent btw - as the reader can your mind meet with mine on this, not misread it and respect it at all times?

I truly wish you well in your pursuits.

Delta40
    Before sunlight can shine through a window, the blinds must be raised - American Proverb

My comments about reading and writing were an attempt to understand the complexities of the two activities, which I would have thought was of interest to everyone on this forum.

It therefore saddens me that your version is to reduce everything to the level of conflict between personalities which I would have thought belonged to those forums that draw their inspiration from the school playground.

"As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light of meaning in the darkness of mere being." --Carl Gustav Jung

"To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due." --Neil Gaiman; The Sandman Vol. 4: Season of Mists

"I'm on my way, from misery to happiness today. Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh" --The Proclaimers

yes, that's me, your friendly Moderator 💚 Logos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    To ALL and ANY concerned..

Learn to ignore people you're irritated by.

Continuing dramatics, bickering, and arguments throughout the fora will get you a TIME OUT.

--
    Forum » Rules » FAQ » Tags » Blogs » Groups » Quizzes » e-Texts »
    📚 📚 📒 📓 📙 📘 📖 ✍🏻 📔 📒 📗 📒 📕 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123