Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Further into introverts

Blog Entries
    Well I'm staying a Saggitarian. I've got used to being a horse-man. Trouble is I got the face of the horse....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YesNo View Post
    I used to be a Sagittarius but then I heard "they", whoever they are, added a 13th constellation to the zodiac, no doubt for luck, which is where I would fall. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the new constellation.

In the Chinese horoscope I'm a tiger. I don't know what this stands for exactly, but I hope it does not have anything to do with the "martyr complex" people like me with a low "Psychoticism" measure have received.

hey, I'm a tiger too and not a very good one, they are apparently very active and have big personalities, at least in some description I read...

I guess in both signs I'm the exception that proves the rule
    I hope death is joyful, and I hope I'll never return -Frida Khalo

If I seem insensitive to what you are going through, understand it's the way I am- Mr. Spock

Personally, I think that the unique and supreme delight lies in the certainty of doing 'evil'–and men and women know from birth that all pleasure lies in evil. - Baudelaire

Blog Entries
    The famous exception that proves the rule case causes alot of problems you know Helga. It does my head in - especially when I'm on my first cup of tea of the day :-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excepti...roves_the_rule

I'm a sagittarius too and a Goat which doesn't sound like me at all!
    Before sunlight can shine through a window, the blinds must be raised - American Proverb

All are at the crossroads qimissung's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Helga View Post
    I guess that emoticon fits in some ways

you say your a Virgo, I'm Aries and I think I have only one Aries related trait in me and that is being stubborn, I am very stubborn and independent.... I don't think I normal (if there is such a thing) Aries is phlegmatic... I think so at least

I always enjoy taking tests about myself, maybe because that is a place to honest about things you won't admit face to face... in my case it is...
    My dad was an Aries. I didn't think he had many of the usual Aries traits, either. He was extremely quiet, but also extremely hard-headed. He did have that quality.

Interestingly (to me, anyway ) I am a Virgo, with Sagitarrius rising, and in Chinese astrology, I was born in the year of the horse. N-e-i-g-h! (Throws head back and stomps foot) I actually read once that people with the horse sign like to fight in public. I would never!
    "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its' own reason for existing." ~ Albert Einstein
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai
    "Some people say I done alright for a girl." Melanie Safka

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by qimissung View Post
    I actually read once that people with the horse sign like to fight in public. I would never!
    Lol. Well that must mean I throw punches while going 'there, there, it's ok my love. I will tend to your wounds after!'
    Before sunlight can shine through a window, the blinds must be raised - American Proverb

Extroversion (sociability) |||||||||||||||| 62%
    Neuroticism (emotionality) |||||| 27%
    Psychoticism (rebelliousness) |||||||||||| 50%

Extroversion results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly talkative, outgoing, sociable and interacting at the expense of developing your own individual interests and internally based identity.

Neuroticism results were low which suggests you are very relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic.

Psychoticism results were medium medium which suggests you are moderately self interested, willful, and difficult, while still respecting the well being of others.
    hmmm

I'm going to show this to my boss, he said I was excitable.
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Skol'er of Thinkery The Comedian's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Eysenck Test Results

Extroversion (sociability) |||||||||||||| 52%
    Neuroticism (emotionality) |||||||||||| 47%
    Psychoticism (rebelliousness) |||||||||||| 45%
    That's me.
    “Oh crap”
    -- Hellboy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta40 View Post
    Lol. Well that must mean I throw punches while going 'there, there, it's ok my love. I will tend to your wounds after!'
    On the nose, Delta, on the nose.

I think I could have guessed you are sociable, papaya, but I would not have thought you were willfull! Or rather, excitable.

Comedian: Yes, but what does it mean?
    "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its' own reason for existing." ~ Albert Einstein

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta40 View Post
    The famous exception that proves the rule case causes alot of problems you know Helga. It does my head in - especially when I'm on my first cup of tea of the day :-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excepti...roves_the_rule

I'm a sagittarius too and a Goat which doesn't sound like me at all!
    I think I'll use it the wrong way, maybe I can be the exception.... in my book of Chinese zodiac a Sagittarius and a goat it's the best in the bunch, thoughtful and considered...

the Aries and tiger it simply says 'Tiger with a jet engine' that is NOT me....
    I hope death is joyful, and I hope I'll never return -Frida Khalo

If I seem insensitive to what you are going through, understand it's the way I am- Mr. Spock

Personally, I think that the unique and supreme delight lies in the certainty of doing 'evil'–and men and women know from birth that all pleasure lies in evil. - Baudelaire

Quote Originally Posted by The Comedian View Post
    That's me.
    It sure is.

Those online things are always accurate and without fault. Why, last time they told me my IQ was around 80. I said, no way, that seems awful high, but a friend reassured me that they never fail.

Blog Entries
    As I think about it I've been using that exception-proves-the-rule thing wrong for many years.

There's a lot of Sagittarius people here. And I've never run into another tiger, but then I haven't really asked. Which makes me think I'm perhaps more introverted than I scored.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I must have run into another tiger since it is only based on the year one was born. Most of the people I went to school with would have been tigers--all in the same room.
    Last edited by YesNo; 04-18-2012 at 08:45 AM. Reason: to include a deep insight

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qimissung View Post
    Scher! Scher! Come take the test! Inquiring minds and all that.
    OK, you twisted my arm!

Extroversion (sociability) |||||||||||||| 54%
    Neuroticism (emotionality) |||||| 21%
    Psychoticism (rebelliousness) |||||||||| 35%

Extroversion results were medium which suggests you are moderately talkative, outgoing, sociable and interacting.

Neuroticism results were low which suggests you are very relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic.

Psychoticism results were moderately low which suggests you are, at times, overly kind natured, trusting, and helpful at the expense of your own individual development (martyr complex).

Obviously this test is flawed... I am kind natured?? Overly kind natured????
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scheherazade View Post
    Obviously this test is flawed... I am kind natured?? Overly kind natured????
    Don't forget "martyr complex".

Blog Entries
    I see it all, Scher, although in addition you always seem to exude authority to me, and it is a wee bit hard to reconcile that with the "overly kindly nature"-although you do seem kindly.

And funny.

Is there a test that measures our humor quotient? Or that measures the humor quotient of extroverts vs. introverts?

A User, but Registered! tonywalt's Avatar
    Cayman Palms, Cayman Islands, Cayman Islands
    Blog Entries
    Obviously this test is flawed... I am kind natured?? Overly kind natured????[/QUOTE]

Scheherazade, you certainly are kind natured and may I add very tolerant of even my mildly (but charmingly) disturbed views.

Humbly,

Tony

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast