Thread: Can deconstructionists be religious or believers?

Can deconstructionists be religious or believers?

In fact as I have read deconstructionists deconstruct any traditionally held belief systems and love to dig up or see things analytically going into the very subtext of what is written. Maybe I am wrong and I have no interest to push into the theory of deconstruction for there maybe no short of literary theorists on the forum.

What I have been for long seeking is an answer to the idea of the existence of God and we have so many atheists and I have recently read the God delusion by Richard Dawkins.

I am somewhat deconstructionist myself when it comes to writing thought I have yet to explore into this realm since I could not fathom Grammatology of Derrida.

I am notwithstanding my literary bend somewhat inclined to believe that there must be something there and life originates from life not from the inorganic stuff.
    I find myself at a crossroads and could not find these polar opposite thoughts in synch.
    I hope I find my question answered here by some real thinkers

Blog Entries
    I recently read an exchange between Deepak Chopra and Leonard Mlodinow in The War of the Worldviews. It explores these "polar opposites" at a deeper level than what I have normally read in these forums. That is, it goes deeper than the creationist Christian vs the 19th century atheist debates I usually read here.

Regarding evolution, I currently think Niles Eldridge and Stephen Jay Gould have a better understanding of how this actually happened than Richard Dawkins does in The Selfish Gene. Anything Dawkins might say about "God", I just dismiss. I don't trust his science so why should I trust his theology? But if you have a specific quote from Dawkins that you like, it might be worth exploring.

Regarding Derrida, I haven't been able to make any sense out of what I've read. Do you have any specific text you are reading? I do like some of the things I've read about "postmodernism" and I think both atheists and theists can use the ideas to support their positions.
    Last edited by YesNo; 04-10-2012 at 10:16 AM. Reason: spelling