Thread: Seeking Book Recomendations

Blog Entries

Seeking Book Recomendations

Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Practchett is one of my all time favorite books. Personally I consider it to be a work of genius.

A while ago I read a book called The Hounds of the Morrigan by Pat O'Shea which very much reminded me of Good Omens being quite similar in its sense of humor and story and it did with Irish Lore what Good Omens did for Armageddon.

So currently I am reading American Gods by Gaiman and its writing style also recalls Good Omens to my mind, it is in reading this book which led me to this.

Does anybody know of any other books which bare some similarity to Good Omens?

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before. ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I can't really think of any off the top of my head, but Good Omens is definitely going on my reading list.

Knight's Aide
    Blog Entries
    I don't know if you've read any other Pratchett novels, but if not I would certainly recommend The Light Fantastic and The Colour of Magic, the beginnings of the Discworld series of novels, with Mort being another stand out classic. Never has the anthropomorphism of Death been so amusing.
    "Mere flim-flam stories, and nothing but shams and lies." - Sancho Panza, in Don Quixote, pt. 1, bk. 3, ch. 11 (1605)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sancho Panza View Post
    I don't know if you've read any other Pratchett novels, but if not I would certainly recommend The Light Fantastic and The Colour of Magic, the beginnings of the Discworld series of novels, with Mort being another stand out classic. Never has the anthropomorphism of Death been so amusing.
    I have not read any other works by Pratchett. I will have to keep that in mind.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before. ~ Edgar Allan Poe

What about Nietzsche's "The Birth of Tragedy" or "Human, All Too Human". If you don't want to read philosophy and would rather read fiction read I recommend A Farewell to Arms or Native Son or Albert Camus "Exile and the Kingdom". History: A People's History of the United States by Howard Zinn is really good. Do you have any books that you would recommend?