Thread: Dawn: When men of reason go to bed.

Dawn: When men of reason go to bed.

Hello. I don't understand why I always start with hello, but I do. Anyway, I'm Skret. Or you can call me by my real name, which happens to be Aidan. I am seventeen, and I make no illusions to myself that I am a good writer, but I figured sharing the snippets of inspiration that come to me couldn't hurt, so I found this place. I don't write regularly, and I probably won't post my own work very often, but I do love to read, and have already lurked about a bit. I just started writing something that I am contemplating posting, though I have no where I'm going with it, and I always seem to hate my own work, which kind of makes me not want to share. I probably will anyway, but I wanted to introduce myself first.

As far as my interests, I tend to read poetry, and fantasy or science fiction books, though I also love to read things that make me think. However I keep getting the impression that when I think deeply, I am slowly killing myself.

Hm. So much for the warm welcome. Guess I'll start posting anyway.

Skret,

a very warm welcome to the forum. Good to have you aboard.

There is a post somewhere on this site lamenting the fact that there is a dearth of 'youngsters' participating, and here we have one.

I love science fiction, too . My favorite sfx writer being G.J. Ballard.

My favorite sfx book being 'A Stranger in a Strange Land' by Robert A. Heinlein.

I recently finally got round to reading 'Who Goes There?' by John W. Campbell Jr.

John Carpenter's The Thing is one of my fav movies, so it was great to get to the source of the material.

Here is the link to 'Who Goes There?' if you haven't read it:

http://nzr.mvnu.edu/faculty/trearick...re%20Index.htm

Best of luck with your reading and writing.

Blog Entries
    Welcome! I deeply sympathize with your thinking/killing yourself thought. I am near the end of me, but I'm glad to meet you.

Thinking deeply, slowly killing oneself. But if we don't think anything,we live just like killing ourselves every moment. Proper thinking is necessary,but do not surpass a lot.