Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: the worst book you have ever come across

I sort of hated this book - I really did!

Boy, I needed something to read because I sort of ran out of books and all. I really did! I sort of asked my son suave as hell if he had any god**** books. He took a lot of crumby English classes and passed, just like the god**** main character in Catcher in the Rye. I tried to read it before, I really did, but I sort of quit reading by the third god**** chapter. Boy! It was sort of corny and all with those phony characters and phony dialogue. They kill me! But I sort of decided to keep reading like a madman and all.

It was sort of a challenge. Holden sort of reminded me of a corny kid at god**** summer camp who tries to fit in with crumby older boys with corny words and all. He’s sort of stupid, he really is, and sort of gets kicked out of his god**** school. He kills me! There are 26 god**** crumby chapters in this god**** book. He sort of takes 21 chapters to go from leaving his god**** school to get home. He really did! In between he sort of does absolutely nothing except really smoke like a madman and sort of tries to get people to talk, but nobody wants to. It kills me! Probably because he’s so god**** boring and all. I’d rather talk to an undertaker. I really do!

I sort of understand making a corny character talk really suave as hell who doesn’t want to be phony. Boy, I really did! But maybe I couldn’t get interested in this crumby thing because it’s sort of like reading a god**** appliance warranty. Boy, I can’t believe I squandered three god**** days on this really puerile nonsense, I really don’t. It was dumber than House on Mango Street. I sort of wanted to punch the god**** author in the god**** nose, I really did, but he’s dead now, and I have no one to blame but myself for this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Insane4Twain View Post
    Boy, I needed something to read because I sort of ran out of books and all. I really did! I sort of asked my son suave as hell if he had any god**** books. He took a lot of crumby English classes and passed, just like the god**** main character in Catcher in the Rye. I tried to read it before, I really did, but I sort of quit reading by the third god**** chapter. Boy! It was sort of corny and all with those phony characters and phony dialogue. They kill me! But I sort of decided to keep reading like a madman and all.

It was sort of a challenge. Holden sort of reminded me of a corny kid at god**** summer camp who tries to fit in with crumby older boys with corny words and all. He’s sort of stupid, he really is, and sort of gets kicked out of his god**** school. He kills me! There are 26 god**** crumby chapters in this god**** book. He sort of takes 21 chapters to go from leaving his god**** school to get home. He really did! In between he sort of does absolutely nothing except really smoke like a madman and sort of tries to get people to talk, but nobody wants to. It kills me! Probably because he’s so god**** boring and all. I’d rather talk to an undertaker. I really do!

I sort of understand making a corny character talk really suave as hell who doesn’t want to be phony. Boy, I really did! But maybe I couldn’t get interested in this crumby thing because it’s sort of like reading a god**** appliance warranty. Boy, I can’t believe I squandered three god**** days on this really puerile nonsense, I really don’t. It was dumber than House on Mango Street. I sort of wanted to punch the god**** author in the god**** nose, I really did, but he’s dead now, and I have no one to blame but myself for this.

Good effort. I didn't like it either.

The Truth about Whatisname

arguments of subjective or objective aside:

yes---catcher in the rye sucked!

and moby dick sucked!

I don't see the attraction to "stream of consciousness" books---so mrs Dalloway sucked! (was glad to see someone else mentioned this)

ive tried twice to read zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance and couldn't get through it either time.

and some seemingly little known book that my goodness how did this happen, won a Pulitzer prize, the accidental tourist by anne tyler. I think there might have only been a few chapters left to go and I still gave up on it.

can I have a five way tie for "worst?"

honorable mention to vanity fair and tom jones.

for you haters (im teasing) from many years ago, I loved the da vinci code and twilight too!
    Last edited by bounty; 03-10-2023 at 06:21 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456