Thread: His Name was Henry

Blog Entries

His Name was Henry

His Name was Henry
    a short story by Wolf Larsen

(Some words have been censored to comply with the posting board rules.)

His name was Henry. He was walking down the street to the bus stop. Henry had just finished a long day at work and now he was free. Free!

Henry had a beautiful swishing-CENSORED-walk. Masculine gay men & bisexual men loved Henry's walk – and Henry knew it too! Beautiful swishing-CENSORED-walk! Henry was a gay bottom. That's the way he was. That's the way he was born. He made the most delicious music as he walked! Swish-swish! Swish-swish! Henry was walking to the bus stop with the most serene smile on his face, because his boyfriend was waiting for him at home tonight! Oh yes!

And that's when it happened.
    "GET HIM! GET THAT F-GG-T!" somebody yelled.
    Henry looked. There were four guys running towards him!
    "LET'S KILL HIM! LET'S KILL THE F-GG-T!"
    One of the four guys reached into his pocket and pulled out a switchblade!
    And what happened next happened so fast fast fast!

Henry quickly reached into his handbag and pulled out a gun.
    "Pop-pop-pop-pop!" said the gun. It was just like the numerous target practices that Henry had attended at the gun club.

And now there were four guys laying on the ground and bleeding all over the street. Henry watched as their blood flowed towards the sewer drain...

Copyright 2012 by Wolf Larsen
    "...the ramblings of a narcissistic, self-obsessed, deranged mind."
    My poetry, plays, novels, & other stuff on Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_athr...or=Wolf Larsen

Banned
    ****, I don't lie when I say this is in my opinion the best thing you have written so far.

"His name was Henry. He was walking down the street to the bus stop. Henry had just finished a long day at work and now he was free. Free!

Henry had a beautiful swishing-CENSORED-walk. Masculine gay men & bisexual men loved Henry's walk – and Henry knew it too! Beautiful swishing-CENSORED-walk! Henry was a gay bottom. That's the way he was. That's the way he was born. He made the most delicious music as he walked! Swish-swish! Swish-swish! Henry was walking to the bus stop with the most serene smile on his face, because his boyfriend was waiting for him at home tonight! Oh yes!"

The begining was very fine, I liked that bit of prose a good deal.

Blog Entries
    Alexander, there is no way this is the best thing I've ever written. But I am glad you like it.

My best stuff is absolutely HATED by some of the people here. That's how I know it's good!

Have a great day Alexander!
    "...the ramblings of a narcissistic, self-obsessed, deranged mind."
    My poetry, plays, novels, & other stuff on Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_athr...or=Wolf Larsen

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I agree with Alex. Fewer exclamation points would have helped it's readability greatly, though.

Also, you don't have to censor yourself (though I suspect that was some sort of point, though reading "censored" in all caps was a bit annoying), you just can't try and bypass the censors, such as typing b!tch. Just type ***** and let the stars take it's place. You can most always figure out what was meant. As far as I know, it's perfectly fine to write word like dick and ****--if they want them censored, they can make the setting do so. And you didn't need to censor faggot.
    Last edited by Mutatis-Mutandis; 03-06-2012 at 11:40 PM.

This is hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing.

Blog Entries
    For all the stories you've written, I like the storyline/plot behind it, I just don't really think they're written that well.

Inexplicably Undiscovered
    next door to the lady in the vinegar bottle
    Blog Entries
    there is no way this is the best thing I've ever written
    Right. That would be your health care story (so far.)

My best stuff is absolutely HATED by some of the people here. That's how I know it's good!
    Well, maybe not as you say, "hated." Let's say "controversial." Most LitNutters will concur that your screen name on the forums generates a copious amount of interest.

Bering universally liked is not and certainly shouldn't be the goal of a serious
    writer. On the other hand, being "hated" doesn't necessarily guarantee that your work is (necessarily) good nor bad. Certainly one would want someone--especially someone with bona fides to see merit in one's work. If nothing else, it would let you know you're on the right track.

Optimally the best writers are both admired and hated. Cf. All the words we typed about Joseph Conrad, for instance, over the past year.
    Incidentally, just yesterday I was reading an old magazine article which said that just as many critics rail against the contemporary novelist Don DeLillo as champion him. (Your auntie is in the latter group.)

Blog Entries
    I found a picture of you Wolf! But maybe it's not you and even if it isn't, I'll still critque your work as I find it. This story is more restrained compared to your other works and perhaps that is what prompted your comment. Readability is still high on the list of literature however and that is why it has received a more positive response.

Before sunlight can shine through a window, the blinds must be raised - American Proverb