Thread: Bright Star - Movie

Bright Star - Movie

I am a HUGH fan of the 2009 movie Bright Star, and I just wanted to start a forum for anybody else who would like to talk about it or ask any questions.

For anybody who hasn't seen or heard about it, this movie outlines the relationship between poet John Keats and his true love/muse, seamstress Fanny Brawne. The story is achingly beautiful and bitter-sweet, as we see them meet, fall in love, and deal with Keats' skeptical and devilish best friend, incomes, and failing health.

The acting is top-notch, and you can really feel the intensity of the characters emotions come across in their performances. I can find no fault with either the costumes or scenary.

One of my favourite scenes is when Fanny and her siblings are out in a field of flowers and she's reading one of Keat's letters. It's just such an equisite setting and your soul can't help but respond.

Blog Entries
    I also enjoyed the movie. The music was fantastic, and as you said, the acting was great. It deals with the poet in a great manner, unlike some other biopics.

When I saw it in theatres there was an old man sitting beside me who began reciting Ode to a Nightengale along with the film, I was amused.
    I wrote a poem on a leaf and it blew away...