Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • *A bookworm's nightmare!

0 0%
  • **Take a nap instead

0 0%
  • ***Finished but no reason to skip meals

0 0%
  • ****Don't forget to unplug the phone for this one!

0 0%
  • *****A bookworm's bibliophilic dream!

0 0%

Thread: 11/22/63 by Stephen King

Blog Entries

11/22/63 by Stephen King

I admit, I'm biased since Stephen King is pretty much my idol.

I really enjoyed the book. It's not a horror novel, like his usual, but it was a fun read. The gist is that a man travels back in time to try and prevent the JFK assassination.

I liked how he portrayed the older times, and I also learned a lot (more than I did in my history classes, since this was fun to read).

Any thoughts?
    "I drag myself out of nightmares each morning and find there's no relief in waking."

Account closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithosaurus View Post

I really enjoyed the book. It's not a horror novel, like his usual, but it was a fun read. The gist is that a man travels back in time to try and prevent the JFK assassination.

I liked how he portrayed the older times, and I also learned a lot (more than I did in my history classes, since this was fun to read).

Any thoughts?
    I have heard this is a good book. Stephen King has written some very good books, and also some bad ones. A great story teller he can be!

Blog Entries
    You should definitely read it! It really is a great book.
    "I drag myself out of nightmares each morning and find there's no relief in waking."

Banned
    Blog Entries
    It's been a while since I've read some SK. It's always like reconnecting with an old friend. Not a super intelligent friend you meet in college, but a funny, vulgar friend you grew up with, and they're the best, really.

Hey faithosaurus, I am not a King's fan as I can never go beyond the fist page of any his books.
    I find him too dense and go on forever if it was not for a beginning, middle and end.
    11/22/63 is this the title of the book?
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

riding a cosmic vortex MystyrMystyry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That's the title.

I haven't read it yet either, but I've been looking for something new - this may be it!

Blog Entries
    I'm in love with Stephen King (which is probably why any story I write seems a bit demented...). It sometimes takes a bit to get to the really good stuff in the book,I admit.

Yep! That's the title.

This was one of his better books. I have a love/hate relationship with Stephen King. I love that I can pick up one of his books and become engrossed for hours. Classic summer reading!

I hate that when I get to the end of most of his novels, I want to punch him in the face. He can NOT end a book well to save his life! Luckily his son has grown up to be an author as well. He read the draft of this book and suggested an alternate ending that SK used. BLESS HIM!!

Quote Originally Posted by faithosaurus View Post

Any thoughts?
    I also like King a lot. Haven't read that one, though. But, "fiction is the truth inside the lie." ~ Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by cafolini View Post
    I also like King a lot. Haven't read that one, though. But, "fiction is the truth inside the lie." ~ Stephen King
    How is fiction a truth that is inside a lie cafolini?
    it may never try
    but when it does it sigh
    it is just that
    good
    it fly

He did not say "a truth." There are many many truths with the indefinite article. He's trying to tell you that "the truth" with the definite article is always a lie, just like the one that motivates fiction from nonfiction. Hard to grasp? Nonfiction is always incomplete; indeed an overall lie. He dismantles it, analyses it and comes up with another lie, the new truth in contrast. That is his definition of horror. For him it is the letting it build in the horror of covert prejudice; the truth of nonfiction; it scares people to dead.